**Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine's Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods ("CPG") approach to cannabis, Cresco's house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy's, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside\*, Cresco's national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry's first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
**At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation's cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
**The VP, Construction will have overall responsibility for both Retail and Cultivation construction projects. Reporting to the SVP of Engineering and Real Estate, this role is responsible to develop and implement process and procedure to deliver flawless execution of projects across all of Cresco's lines of business. The VP, Construction provides direct oversight and support for Senior Project Managers on major tactics and works with the Director of Retail Construction and 3rd party project management resources to ensure we are delivering projects in accordance with established operating plans. Talent development and people management is a key function of this role.
**Core Job Duties
- Develops and implements processes and procedures to enable flawless execution of construction projects across the Cresco organization.
- Directly manages Directors and Senior Project Managers and provides guidance and development of team members.
- Provides thought leadership on how to approach complex issues and support with construction solutions.
- Creates appropriate department structure and reporting lines and attracts and retains talent both internal and external.
- Promotes collaboration and cooperation within the department and across the organization.
- Responsible to ensure accuracy of projected budgets and tracking and reporting of project financials.
- Collaborates with leaders in Real Estate, Engineering, Operations, and other stakeholder departments in support of best overall results for Cresco.
- Works in collaboration with strategic sourcing to ensure Cresco has a pool of available, quality outside resources such as general contractors and other suppliers.
- Works with legal to ensure appropriate contracts are in place for all projects.
- Provides thought leadership to innovate processes and drive down unnecessary capital spend.
- Participates in relevant trade and industry events.
- Introduces tools and resources to support streamlining of efforts and greater control and transparency.
- Provides oversight, guidance and direction on complex projects and tactics.
- Provides reporting to SVP and executive level leaders.
- Other duties as assigned
**Required Experience, Education And Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction, Business, Project Management, or related field.
- 15+ years of experience in project and construction management.
- 5+ years people management of senior talent.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, quantitative, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with executive level leadership.
- Strong research and analytical skills and ability to communicate data driven recommendations
- Independent worker with a team player attitude.
- Strong communication skills.
**Cresco Labs requires that all corporate employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on or before September 30, 2021. If you are offered and accept a position, you will be required to prove your vaccination status prior to when your employment begins. If you require a medical or religious accommodation with regard to vaccination, please let us know once you receive an offer of employment (if applicable).
**Cresco Labs is proud to offer eligible employees a robust offering of benefits including, major medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(K)-match program, FSA/HSA programs, LTD/STD options, life insurance and AD&D. We also offer eligible employees paid holidays and paid time off. Other rewards may include annual discretionary bonuses, stock options as well as participation in our employee discount program. Benefits eligibility for permanent positions may vary by full-time or part-time roles, location, or position.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.