At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Vice President, Supply Chain will be responsible for all inventory, planning/ scheduling, distribution, logistics, fulfillment, IBP, and customer operations across Canopy Growth’s many product categories and geographies. The ideal candidate will have experience in overseeing global supply function, with exceptional attention to detail and ability to multi-task while keeping customer experience at the forefront of all decisions.
- Partner closely with manufacturing and procurement leadership to align production and CMO schedules with supply planning
- Develop a multi-faceted company-wide supply plan
- Drive significant improvement in fill rates and lead times by establishing and driving KPIs and balanced scorecards
- Manage and optimize logistics to ensure optimized shipping costs
- Lead initiatives to resolve capacity issues including implementing additional work shifts and sourcing additional equipment as needed
- Deliver world class 1P and 3P eCommerce fulfillment capabilities
- Manage inventory levels to ensure product availability without building unnecessary inventory risk
- Manage internal and external warehouse and distribution networks
- Lead interdepartmental teams and projects (IT, Retail, Finance) to execute Supply Chain initiatives in line with set-budgets
- Highlight issues, lead corrective actions and escalate roadblocks for prompt resolution
- Establish relationships with key business and supply partners
- Standardize processes across all regions
- Participate in the configuration and customization of ERP to better align with business objectives
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years’ experience working as a business or supply chain professional in a manufacturing, pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment
- Proven ability to improve supply chain operations and drive significant quality, delivery and cost improvements
- Demonstrated ability to achieve specific results
- Must be able to communicate effectively with senior management in a clear, concise, and practical manner
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- High proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and various software also required
- Strong sense of business acumen, integrity, trust and follow-through
- Demonstrated ability to develop a team and mentorship
This is a full-time position based out of Smiths Falls or Toronto, ON or Chicago, IL with a remote work option and frequent travel required.
We appreciate your interest, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation, please notify your Talent Acquisition Partner. Please note, the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.