The Ontario Cannabis Store provides responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the provincial online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and are the exclusive provincial wholesaler to authorized private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We are a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect, and building value out of our differences. We are an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President, Strategic Planning & Transformation will be responsible for managing the end-to-end process of the annual corporate strategic planning for OCS and the successful implementation hereof. They will also be accountable for enterprise project management & transformation along with enterprise change and stakeholder management.
This position will provide thought leadership in the areas of governance and accountability for complex initiatives. The successful candidate will coordinate the development and implementation of transformative projects across the organization and ensure successful and sustainable change management.
About Your Day
- Manage the end-to-end Corporate Strategic Planning process, including gathering market intelligence on opportunities and risks for the organization.
- Build and maintain a master integrated roadmap, ensuring all programs and projects are aligned with the OCS Corporate Strategy, including defining key outcomes, assessing the impact of undertaking initiatives on the organization, gaining alignment for change from all stakeholders and identifying whether the organization needs to scale up/down to ensure ongoing operational sustainability.
- Create and maintain a clear governance framework for planning, prioritizing, managing, and executing the projects and programs across the organization including tracking measurements to enable success.
- Ensure information management related to projects (including project charters, approval documents, planning documents, executional plans, post-mortems, etc.) are well documented to support robust OCS transparency and audit requirements as a public agency.
- Create and sustain a structured yet flexible change management framework to ensure employees feel prepared, equipped, and supported for the upcoming changes resulting from the OCS Corporate Strategy, and initiatives are successfully adopted and sustainable within and across the business.
- Hire, develop, evaluate, and retain a highly qualified team of professionals as part of the Strategic Planning and Transformation Office.
- Lead the team according to the OCS Vision, Mission, and Values.
- Post-secondary education in IT, Commerce, Business, or related field of study, master’s degree in a related field is considered an asset
- Prefer 20 years of progressive experience in strategy and transformation leadership roles including within complex technology / SaaS or wholesale organizations
- Project Management Professional (PMP) would be considered an asset
- Strong leadership to influence and facilitate challenging discussions and gain alignment on areas of contention
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to develop superior working relationships, confidence and acceptance with all management and staff throughout the OCS
- Demonstrated leadership skills to direct, supervise and motivate staff
- Operates as a recognized expert to prioritize components of a project, program, or portfolio work aligned with risks, activities, stakeholders, etc., for the duration of any project or program
- Typically known as a subject matter authority
About the Job
- City: Toronto, ON
- Employment Type: Full Time Permanent
- Required Travel: As required, usually within GTA
- Application Deadline: June 2, 2022 at 11:59PM
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation please let us know, we will collaborate with you to meet your needs.