Vice President of Engineering, Product
As Vice President of Engineering, Product you'll be responsible for building and growing a world-class engineering team and ensuring that we are building scalable, reliable, secure, compliant, and highly performant technical products and services using best practices. You will ensure our architecture is flexible to allow for our growth into new and existing business lines. You'll be responsible for consistently delivering meaningful features, applications, and technology solutions that solve the business needs of storefronts and delivery operators in the cannabis space.
This is a strategic role that requires a strong partnership with other functions across the company. You'll partner with other senior leaders across the company to translate technology capabilities into strategic business decisions. You'll drive accountability and metrics ownership to translate strategy into results. You'll align and inspire your organization by effectively communicating the strategy and driving the team to build world-class products in the cannabis marketplace.
The impact you'll make:
- Lead and grow the engineering team, develop leaders and hold managers accountable as the business and product complexity grows rapidly
- Recruit, hire, grow, and retain top performing talent
- Drive and champion a culture of continuous learning to improve execution and remove roadblocks
- Build long term technical and team strategies that align with Weedmaps’ strategic plan and influences the overall company direction
- Partner closely with leadership of other teams including Technology, People, Design, QA, Product, and Operations
- Lead teams of Engineering Managers and motivate the team to accomplish significant deliverables with tight deadlines
- Communicate problems and solutions, team challenges, and overall productivity of the team with executive leadership
- Set up team performance goals and deliver performance reviews for your team members
- Influence quality and productivity improvements through involvement in the development of new and improved procedures, process innovations, training, and changes in corporate culture
What you've accomplished:
- 8+ years of engineering management experience in high-growth engineering organizations, with 3+ years of managing and developing engineering managers
- Experience architecting and developing a consumer-focused point-of-sale system
- Proven experience building, growing, inspiring and retaining a collaborative and client-focused team of managers and engineers
- Experience leading large scale organizations of 50+ engineers
- Experience working in a consumer or e-commerce space as an engineer and leader, building applications and technology to engage consumers and foster growth
- Experience building software products in a compliance heavy ecosystem such as payments
- Experience working with and leading onsite and remote teams
- Strong ability to support and mentor team members to accomplish team goals
- Effective and persuasive communication skills at all levels of management, both written and verbal
- Experience working collaboratively at a high level with other teams within an organization
- Ability to take a leadership role in an Agile (Scrum) environment
- Familiarity with frontend and backend technologies and concerns
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree / work experience
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided when working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door when you work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.