Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine's Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods ("CPG") approach to cannabis, Cresco's house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy's, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco's national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry's first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation's cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a strategic VP of Cost Management to engage with all key business functions and drive spending efficiencies across the organization. This individual will report to the CFO and be a cross functional leader to the organization. The VP of Cost Management will partner with senior business leaders on identifying inefficient financial spend and work to reduce and optimization organizational financial outlook. This individual will be a partner involved in financial planning, budget management, forecasting, reporting, strategic data analysis, and evaluating ways to improve profitability for all functions. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who can look holistically at the business to drive change, this individual thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Partner with senior leadership and C-Suite to understand our business model and identify areas of cost savings opportunities
- Use data and organizational insights to understand our business performance and areas for improvements, be able to tell the story of inefficiencies and make recommendations on improvements
- Identify areas of improvement in process and procedures to support a growing organization with the continued focus on cost savings
- Partner with the commercial business to understand departmental spend and how to measure ROI, identifying how to measure and improve spend over time
- Proactive review of partnerships with both external vendors, consultants and internal processes to identify redundancies across the organization.
- Involved in new strategic RFP process to identify the needs for the business and provide any cost saving areas
- Work with our M&A team during pre/post deal process to identify, track, and drive areas of opportunity to integrate efficiencies between the organizations
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with maturity to liaise with senior management
- Review existing and draft new policies to address cost management
- Generate annualized cost savings in excess of at least $10M in first year
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field
- 10 + years of experience in consulting function with a background in finance or business management
- Previous experience in a CPG, Pharma, or retail business preferred
- Previous cost optimization, organizational budgeting, cost controls, and ROI experience required
- Knowledge of automated reporting systems preferred, including, BI reporting, dashboard, modeling, and KPI development (e.g. Adaptive Insights, Hyperion, SAP BPC, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills and consistent follow through on assigned tasks
- Strong leadership presence and ability to influence decisions and work together across all levels of leadership, including executive leadership
- Ability to efficiently handle ambiguity and change; able to act as a change agent
Cresco Labs requires that all corporate employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on or before September 30, 2021. If you are offered and accept a position, you will be required to prove your vaccination status prior to when your employment begins. If you require a medical or religious accommodation with regard to vaccination, please let us know once you receive an offer of employment (if applicable).
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.