Cultivation Assistant Manager
(HR use only)
(HR use only)
(HR use only)
As the leading cannabis multi-state operator (MSO), AYR Wellness is on a journey to be a force for good; and it all starts with our belief in the power and potential of the plant.
We believe in creating an environment in which we can all flourish, one where every individual can find their genius and pursue their passion, because it’s this dedication to creating a culture of excellence, one where we’re all empowered to achieve our dreams, that will propel us forward. We’re a company that puts our people first. A place where talent is rewarded, diversity is celebrated, and innovative thinking is championed and we believe that together we can build a better and brighter future for ourselves, our industry, and our world.
Join us as we create wonder together.
The Cultivation Assistant Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the cultivation facility in accordance with standards set by the state and Ayr Wellness. The Cultivation Assistant Manager provides support for all cultivation agents, including schedules, training, policy and procedure updates, industry news, and product information. Responsible for the documentation, ordering, and receiving of all inventory and products, arranging deliveries, maintaining facility compliance, and cleanliness in accordance with state regulations and standards set by Ayr Wellness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Cultivation Manager with managing cultivation staff, schedules, cultivation processes, inventory, and vendor relations.
- Serves as a role model and resource for cultivation staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations.
- Assists the Cultivation Manager with responding to all agent questions, concerns, or suggestions and takes action when necessary to resolve conflicts.
- Assists the Cultivation Manager with delegating tasks to cultivation agents to maintain a compliant and clean cultivation facility.
- Oversees grow zone and maintains ownership of all cultivation tasks and processes, ensures proper documentation of all applicable activities in accordance with standards set by the state and the company.
- Assists the Cultivation Manager with planning, coordinating, and overseeing the transition of product development by ensuring that the proper tasks are executed and that the environmental conditions support the cultivation of superior quality product in accordance with state regulations and standards set by the company.
- Assists the Cultivation Manager in meeting crop production schedule deadlines – cloning, transplanting, manicuring, harvesting, sanitation, etc.
- Assists the Cultivation Manager in monitoring and maintaining the health of all plants.
- Assists the Cultivation Manager in the maintenance, sanitation, and documentation of all horticulture equipment.
- Must meet age requirement as outlined by state cannabis agencies.
- Able to pass all background checks/fingerprinting as required by state cannabis agencies.
- Able to provide valid badging/credentials as required by state cannabis agencies.
- Two years of experience in commercial cannabis production.
- Thorough understanding of state and local medical and/or recreational cannabis laws and how they apply to the operations of Ayr Wellness.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Effective time-management skills and ability to multitask.
- Two-year degree in a horticultural or agricultural field or demonstrated experience in horticulture or agricultural production.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Experience with inventory control software.
- Proficiency in Windows-based software, point-of-sale applications, and internet navigation.
- This job will require continuous education and training by the Director of Cultivation and Cultivation Managers.
- This position will require reading and learning through textbooks, articles, webinars, and hands-on activities.
- Manages one or more employees within a department
The person in this position may be exposed to dust, kief, cleaning chemicals and fumes. Although systems are in place to remove these byproducts, there is still exposure to some degree.
- Frequently works in rooms with bright light where eye protection is required.
- Frequently works in rooms with moderate heat and humidity.
- The person in this position is constantly exposed to moderate background noise due to environmental systems, equipment and fans.
- Must be able to work on weekends or alternate shifts
Sitting, standing and walking motion/movement will be required throughout the shift.
- Constant movement of hands/fingers and limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina.
- Constantly positions self throughout task at hand.
- Frequently ascends/descends a ladder to inspect/maintain plants.
- Occasionally operates power hand tools and other cultivation machinery.
- Must be able to inspect and detect quality deviations and defects.
- Occasional lifting, positioning or moving items up to 100 pounds.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.**
At AYR Wellness, our vision is to be a force for good in all we do and to bring lasting positive change to our communities, our industry, and our world. And it wouldn’t be possible without our exceptionally talented team. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the uniqueness of each employee and supports their individual journey in finding their genius and pursuing their passion.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to pursuing our vision for the future, and we believe that our success is dependent on building a truly equitable, collaborative, and inclusive team. One that reflects the diversity of the communities that we serve.
In addition to a generous benefits package, and unparalleled career opportunities, as an employee at Ayr Wellness, you can expect to be provided with industry-leading training which will offer you an in-depth insight into the wonderful world of cannabis.