The Trim Specialist provides on-site support to daily trimming operations within a cannabis cultivation facility. As a Trim Specialist, you are responsible for supporting the trimming process and assembling and packaging products for distribution. Trim Specialists may be cross-trained and asked to occasionally support other departments to meet business needs. This entry-level role is a full-time, permanent position starting at $15.00/hr.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trim and debud harvested plants by hand and instrument.
- Prepare and make pre-roll products.
- Weigh, assemble, package, seal, and label products.
- Manage, document, and destroy cultivation waste.
- Monitor and maintain quality control measures in accordance with state and local laws.
- Adhere to company policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment within the facility and production areas.
- Immediately inform Trim Manager of any biomass or system discrepancies.
- Visually inspect plant material for any diseases, insects, and mold, reporting concerns to management for remediation.
- Document all activity using company’s track and trace system.
- Work within company continuous improvement system and strive to increase productivity.
- Regularly clean and sanitize trim equipment, tools, and work areas, including trimming machine, containers, and workstation.
- Provide support to additional cultivation, harvest, and production teams as needed to achieve facility production goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Able to follow detailed instruction and capable of performing repetitive tasks.
- Must have a positive attitude and work well with others in a team environment.
- Willing to learn about, operate, and maintain facility equipment in a safe manner.
- Must have effective time management and multitasking skills.
- Ability to sit and stand for at least 8 hours per day, lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and able to successfully register with the state’s cannabis commission as an agent.
- Must comply with all laws, regulations, and policies associated with the industry.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in a regulated production facility (food, beverage, CPG, etc.) preferred.
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 25 lb. Able to stand for 90% of the time. Comfortable with heights, occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to service the lights, filters, trellis netting and ceiling fans up to 25ft. Comfortable working atop and traversing scaffolding, when required. Comfortable with changing environment temperatures and humidity. Exposure to pollen, dust, dander, and other nature elements. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in a warehouse environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.