Trade Marketing Manager - Calgary, AB (Remote)
About Tilray Brands Inc.
Tilray Brands is a leading global cannabis-lifestyle and consumer packaged goods company with operations in Canada, the United States, Europe, Australia, and Latin America that is changing people's lives for the better – one person at a time – by inspiring and empowering the worldwide community to live their very best life by providing them with products that meet the needs of their mind, body, and soul and invoke a sense of wellbeing. Tilray’s mission is to be the trusted partner for its patients and consumers by providing them with a cultivated experience and health and wellbeing through high-quality, differentiated brands and innovative products. A pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, and distribution, Tilray’s unprecedented production platform supports over 20 brands in over 20 countries, including comprehensive cannabis offerings, hemp-based foods, and alcoholic beverages.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
The Trade Marketing Manager will support in developing and executing brilliant and impactful commercial solutions that bring our brands to life in retail cannabis stores across Canada. The Trade Marketing Team acts as the Brand Expert for the sales team and as the Sales Expert for the brand team – balancing internal goals with retailer needs to get a best-in-class representation in stores.
The candidate will be responsible for a deep understanding of the national and provincial regulations, best in class customer marketing solutions for new brands and innovations, budget management, and measuring and evaluating the effectiveness and impact of the programs launched in market. This candidate will work closely across all teams and functions including but not limited to marketing, sales, education, supply and legal. This role will report to the Director of Trade Marketing.
- Support with annual planning in developing short term solutions and a long-term vision for Trade Marketing with Tilray’s recreational cannabis brands
- Develop and source sales support tools and materials including selling stories, sell sheets and educational materials for the trade and major key accounts
- Leverage procurement and negotiation expertise to achieve sourcing efficiencies, delivering the largest impact at retail possible within budgetary constraints
- Develop a portfolio merchandising strategy that supports new marketing and business development initiatives; align national brand objectives with regional trade and sales requirements
- Support regional training executions and manage against priorities by diligent budget management
- Develop and implement new initiatives to drive brand visibility and to gain market share within independent and chain accounts across the country
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on regional legislation changes and developments, working closely with Legal and Government Regulations teams
- Work closely with Marketing, Creative and Sales to improve processes that link brand building activities with shopper focused programs and sales initiatives
- Monitor and measure program execution and effectiveness; provide post-mortem analysis and recommendations on programs
- Monitor, collect insights and report competitive brand actions to pivot and change plans where applicable
- 2-4 years experience in Trade Marketing
- Preference in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Beverage Alcohol or Cannabis industries is an asset
- Experience with customers in a sales role is an asset
- Problem solving and solution oriented individual
- Ability to be agile and deal with new regulations
- Curiosity to discover ways of collecting and translating consumer data into actionable decisions that directly influence the programming we create
- Strong experience with retail math and financials
- Strong experience in managing and building budgets
Tilray Brands welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information).
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Tilray Brands, please send an email inquiry to \email@example.com