Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States, Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 130 dispensaries, 25 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 5,000 team members. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
The TEMPORARY Sr Manager of Communications & Public Relations will work closely with the VP of Corporate Communications and the entire Communications / PR team to coordinate and manage regional and national public relations and communications strategies to increase awareness of Curaleaf brands and products, drive visibility and market share in CA and help to amplify the company's leadership in the cannabis industry. **This role is remote and individual must work on East Coast time during this assignment**
This is your chance to be a part of cannabis history; to be part of a movement. We have a very fast-paced environment as we continue to grow and expand. You can multitask, work quickly and efficiently, and be self-motivated, thoughtful, and adaptable to change priorities and tasks as needed. You are a seasoned Communications professional who can think creatively and strategically, on the fly. This is a unique opportunity for a passionate, dynamic and professional individual to join a team of exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
A successful candidate will have experience in implementing public relations and communications strategies on a local and national level, managing agency relationships, supporting community relations, crisis communications, and preparing talking points and briefing documents for media interviews. Experience with retail and consumer product public relations preferred.
- Work collaboratively with the Corporate Communications team and its external agency partners to advance and support public relations and communications strategies designed to elevate and enhance Curaleaf's leadership positioning, employee visibility, and product offerings. This includes: media relations, proactive strategic public relations, crisis communications, corporate social responsibility (CSR), community relations, and internal communications
- Manage external agency partners and amplify team's power and reach; be a true partner to our partners
- Plan and manage the annual Public Relations event calendar, including consumer conferences and roadshows, the annual shareholder meeting, and quarterly earnings announcements
- Develop and implement a proactive media plan to support the business goals and marketing efforts, specifically around products, brand news, and news in the west region
- Develop press releases, key messages, and press materials for new product launches, dispensary openings, events, sponsorships, community relations / CSR activations, and more
- Build and maintain strong relationships with regional and national media to secure positive coverage of Curaleaf, the company's products and brands (Curaleaf, Select, and Grassroots), people, and customer experience
- Collaborate with the brand marketing teams to create earned media strategies that achieve volume profits goals and are aligned with local and national marketing direction
- Leverage innovative storytelling and emerging platforms to identify and engage with known and new audiences
- Measure on an ongoing basis the effectiveness of programs to adapt strategy and execution where relevant
- Stay current on key industry and policy issues and shape the strategy for communicating on them, including but not limited to incorporating those points into media interviews, speaking engagements, and more
- Highlight marketing and brand activations, community events, corporate initiatives, etc. for internal and executive audiences
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 5+ years of experience in communications and public relations, with significant experience in fast-paced, consumer-facing, product-driven public companies; cannabis experience is a plus
- Strategic Visioning - ability to provide Public Relations a vision that is aligned with the corporate vision, focused and with a clear line of sight between the area's objectives and the corporate objectives, and a vision that is compelling and creates a sense of ownership and urgency.
- A reputation and track record of being energetic, innovative, enthusiastic, and agile. Willingness and ability to act as a change agent and offer opinions and judgments
- Possess superb judgment, impeccable integrity, and the maturity to handle sensitive information with care and confidentiality
- Ability and confidence in interfacing with senior executives and multiple departments (IR, GR, CSR, HR, IT, Legal, Business Development, etc.)
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Excel, Adobe, Egnyte, and Canva; comfortability with various software and databases.
- Proven ability to manage crisis communications as well as reduce risk through effective scenario planning and preparation
- Ability to absorb a high volume of information from a variety of sources and to synthesize the key elements
- Ability to manage multiple external partners and address national PR, Marketing, and Sales priorities
- Experience in highly regulated industries; fluency with public policy and government affairs
- Outstanding and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to partner effectively with external resources, but also roll up the sleeves and dig into details
- Must be highly collaborative, resourceful, flexible, and adaptable
- Travel will be at least 20%+ of this role
- Subject to background check per state cannabis regulations
- Bachelor's Degree required
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.