As a Program Manager at Weedmaps, you will use your exceptional technical knowledge and project management skills to drive Security & Compliance initiatives while aligning key stakeholders, keeping projects on-track, and key stakeholders informed. Drawing on your project management and leadership expertise, you'll collaborate with Engineering, IT, Legal, and 3rd party auditors to build and execute development plans that include milestones and deliverables but are flexible enough to allow room for risk and change.
The impact you'll make:
- Drive Program Management across Security & Compliance initiatives within the organization
- Collaborate directly with engineering, IT, and other related portions of the initiatives, including but not limited to 3rd party auditors and Legal team
- Translate business and legal requirements to technical implementation
- Assist compliance programs by assessing control frameworks and compliance risks, facilitating meetings with auditors and fulfilling evidence requests
- Align highly autonomous teams towards complex multi-year goals while meeting the operational needs of current customers
- Manage, plan, and track schedules and workflows, while raising risks, managing trade-offs, and eliminating blockers.
- Create transparency and predictability via gantt charts, dependency tracking, risk mitigation, program plans, etc.
What you've accomplished:
- 7+ years of experience as a program manager working cross-functionally to delivery corporate security based initiatives
- Experience working with security compliance standards such as GDPR, PCI, SOX, etc.
- Proven experience with 3rd party risk management and contract review/management from an Information Security perspective
- Experience with corporate systems security, application security, data protection, technical/engineering compliance, engineering risk management and response.
- Proven project management, interpersonal and communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Proven experience running Programs that encompass parts of the organization that operate in Waterfall and others that operate in Agile
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided when working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door when you work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Denver, and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!