TECHNICAL ANALYST (CRM)
Job location: Anywhere in Canada (Edmonton, Alberta location preferred)
Employment type: Full-time permanent employment in a remote or hybrid work-setting
Hours: 40 hours / week, Monday - Friday
A little about us
Hi, we’re Aurora Cannabis, and we’re so excited to meet you!
We’re a global cannabis company driven by our passion to help people improve their lives. We have a diverse team who bring their best every day so Aurora can be the cannabis provider of choice for patients and consumers. We love our work, and we especially love our high quality, innovative brands that make up the Aurora family – from Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael ’71 and Whistler.
Our people combined with our collective passion for the industry is what makes Aurora a special place to work and defines what we call our “A-Team”. We are a high-performing team of cannabis experts, innovators, and champions, that work, learn and win together. We think BIG, act BOLD and execute with PURPOSE in all that we do, and will stop at nothing to cultivate the ultimate cannabis experience for our community.
You’re determined, creative and resourceful, and have the resilience needed to navigate any adventure successfully. You’re looking to pursue a new and exciting career journey, where you can explore the wonders of the Cannabis industry and venture into a world of possibilities, and we have the perfect destination for you.
Prepare for lift off because it’s time to launch your career at Aurora as our newest CRM Technical Analyst. In this role, you will embark on an exciting adventure within our IS division by acting as a technical expert for our CRM system, Microsoft Dynamics 365. From developing to maintaining to training, you will own all aspects of our CRM system and help accelerate our IS practices. Ready for this voyage? here is what you need to know to prepare…
As the CRM Technical Analyst, you will…
- Collaborate and build strong working relationships with all levels of the organization to create and maintain efficient application solutions
- Facilitate design and technical activities including leading design sessions to identify business processes and requirements for platforms and advising on best practices for CRM developments and integrations with users
- Build CRM forms, views, dashboards, and workflows while balancing user requests with technical constraints and maintaining code repository and source control
- Identify, catalog, and prioritize application issues and resolve challenges by troubleshooting or escalating issues to other team members
- Perform functional, technical, and performance testing to validate the operational stability of custom built or vendor created application systems
- Develop, design, maintain, and create documentation for application systems, database environments, and infrastructure environments
- Support special projects, including application development or infrastructure projects, by working closely with external vendors to design custom applications for businesses and assess impact of initiatives
- Participate in application auditing and user access reviews as part of IT General Controls and compliance requirements
You will be setup for success if you have…
- Post-secondary education, such as a Bachelor’s Degree, in Computer Science or a related discipline with a strong understanding of IT operational frameworks and methodologies (these credentials appear to match the candidate profile we are looking for but we’re ready to be convinced otherwise)
- Two years of relevant work experience supporting the development and administration of Microsoft Dynamics CRM applications
- Three to five years of experience in application development and system analysis and five years of experience with design, and toolsets pertinent to project engagement (we would also welcome an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience)
Bonus points if you have…
- Knowledge or previous work experience in the cannabis industry
- Understanding of software requirements for the auditing of systems, ITIL / COBIT frameworks and experience supporting Sage X3, Mulesoft, Sharepoint or AWS platforms
You’re perfect for this adventure if you are…
- An agile IT professional with advance Microsoft Office skills who can prioritize and execute tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment
- A creative navigator with an analytical mindset who can spot an opportunity to improve processes a mile away
- A team player who excels at building relationships and thrives in a collaborative and independent environment
Why you’ll love working at Aurora
Our people are at the heart of everything we do here at Aurora, and we take pride in fostering an inclusive space that inspires our team to love where they work! From rewarding career opportunities to flexible work environments to team activities, we go above and beyond to prioritize your success and here’s how we do it…
Flexibility: you will enjoy a flexible work environment that is the perfect blend of work and fun! You will be empowered to achieve work-life balance with flexible hours, remote work options, vacation time, meeting-free-Friday-afternoons and more!
Total rewards: we will motivate you to go above and beyond with a competitive salary, stock options, an RRSP program, annual bonuses, and a health and personal care spending account for you to use for gym memberships, ski passes or staycations.
Benefits: we will foster your health and wellness (and your dependents) with our employee benefits package including, employer-paid health and dentalcare premiums, life insurance and LTD policies and a medical cannabis coverage program, designed exclusively for our A-Team, that will provide you with $3,000 of coverage each year (because we truly believe cannabis is the best medicine).
Life-long learning: we’re lifelong learners here at Aurora and will invest in your professional development throughout all aspects of your career! You will have access to a tuition assistance program, virtual learning activities and annual performance reviews, to ensure you are provided with the toolkit and support you need to succeed.
Perks: we love to celebrate our people by providing corporate perks including employee discounts, perkopolis memberships, company SWAG, paid volunteer time, modern technology and snacks and beverages at all our office locations.
Team: we are a diverse and global team of cannabis enthusiasts, energetic innovators, fitness gurus, caring parents, foodies and more, with a collective passion to nurture an inclusive environment that helps you grow and provide people better days with medical cannabis.
Think you have what it takes to join our team? So do we!
Apply today by submitting your resume along with salary expectations through our website. You can expect your application to be reviewed by a human recruiter (not a robot) shortly after you apply, and our team will contact you via email if we see a fit.
Think you’re the ideal candidate but you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyways! We would love to review your application to see if you’re the right fit or find you an alternative opportunity.
Not the role for you? Share this posting with a friend or colleague that you think may be interested while subscribing to our Talent Community to learn more about upcoming opportunities through our Aurora Careers Page (hot tip: if you are already an Aurora employee, take advantage of the employee referral program by referring this position to a friend! If they are successful, you will receive a bonus!)
Diversity and inclusion
At Aurora, we are proud to foster and celebrate a diverse community of professionals! We take pride in nurturing an inclusive culture that empowers our people to be their authentic selves, celebrate their differences and love where they work.
Our diverse community combined with our inclusive culture, is what sets us apart in the industry and equips our A-Team with superpowers – and this is why, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities regardless of race, national origin, colour, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please do not hesitate to let our team know!
Health and safety
Our mission at Aurora has always been to improve the health and wellness of our core community. We strive to create a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for our team and strongly believe introducing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy will help us achieve this.
As of February 2022, Aurora has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees and as a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.