TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST - TORONTO, ON
About Tilray Brands Inc.
Tilray Brands is a leading global cannabis-lifestyle and consumer packaged goods company with operations in Canada, the United States, Europe, Australia, and Latin America that is changing people's lives for the better – one person at a time – by inspiring and empowering the worldwide community to live their very best life by providing them with products that meet the needs of their mind, body, and soul and invoke a sense of wellbeing. Tilray’s mission is to be the trusted partner for its patients and consumers by providing them with a cultivated experience and health and wellbeing through high-quality, differentiated brands and innovative products. A pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, and distribution, Tilray’s unprecedented production platform supports over 20 brands in over 20 countries, including comprehensive cannabis offerings, hemp-based foods, and alcoholic beverages.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Reporting to the VP of Global Talent, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will support Tilray’s hiring strategy to identify and retain employees in this emerging industry. This includes, but is not limited to, collaborating with hiring managers to identify hiring needs, recruiting Management and Professional positions, managing the applicant tracking system for vacancies that are currently advertised, pre-screening applicants and scheduling interviews, and tracking the status of candidates throughout the recruitment processes. The successful incumbent will use their recruitment experience to source candidates, identify and attend Career Fairs, identify solutions for candidate attraction, and build and maintain a network of potential passive and active candidates through proactive sourcing and networking.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with hiring managers to create a partnership that produces results and builds credibility; ensure the highest service-level standards for both candidates and hiring managers
- Review candidate resumes and identify candidates for interview
- Perform in-person and phone interviews with candidates
- Build and maintain a network of potential passive and active candidates through proactive sourcing, networking, and participating at Career Fairs
- Manage the applicant tracking system to input and track status of advertised vacancies and look for ways to streamline processes
- Recommend innovative talent attraction strategies to meet the Tilray’s current needs and anticipate future needs
- Conduct pre-screen interviews, reference checks, and criminal background checks for prospective employees, as required
- Track the status of candidates and follow-up at the end of the recruitment process
- Manage the recruitment for various positions simultaneously, including offer letter preparation, transfer of computer record, and personnel file contents
- Report recruitment results and assess data to identify trends and needs
- Prepare application, vacancy, and job fair materials; ensure materials are available for visitors; sends materials to applicants as requested
- Liaison with 3rd party recruitment agencies, as required
- Diploma specializing in Human Resources and/or Bachelor degree in Business Administration, with a major in Human Resources, and working towards CHRP preferred
- 5+ years of recruitment experience in a fast pace environment
- Must have at least 2+ years of experience with recruiting roles in Finance, IT, Sales/Marketing and US market
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to be resilient and adaptable in a fast-paced environment of change or ambiguity
- Ability to listen, question, analyze and communicate in a clear and simple manner
- Proactively identify issues and opportunities, analyze facts and data, and develop and implement solutions
- Demonstrates integrity, ethics, confidentiality, and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal skills supporting teamwork and collaboration, and demonstrating good judgment and diplomacy
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications
Tilray Brands welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). High Park does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of High Park, please send an email inquiry to \email@example.com