At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
We are seeking a bilingual Talent Acquisition Specialist with the passion, positive drive and agility to deliver sophisticated, high-volume recruiting initiatives for a variety of roles. As a professional Talent Acquisition Specialist, you are a natural problem solver, a consultant to your hiring managers, and have a mindset for continuous improvements with the goal to elevate the recruiting experience. As a talent expert, you understand how to execute regional strategies to meet the needs of the business and understand what best-in-class sourcing looks like. Our recruiting team works collaboratively and will look to this person to contribute to projects and other team initiatives. As part of our recruiting team, you’re charged with finding people who bring an entrepreneurial spirit, ingenuity and passion for what they do to Canopy Growth!
- Participating in all aspects of the full-cycle recruitment process for multiple roles for our frontline retail and manufacturing departments. Activities include but not limited to:
- Establishing recruitment timelines
- Preparing job postings for internal and/or external posts
- Screening candidates against job qualifications
- Conducting telephone interviews
- Providing input on appropriate selection tools
- Communicating results (e.g. clarify next steps in the recruitment and selection process or declining a candidate)
- Providing feedback on recruitment process and/or results as required
- Supporting other recruitment initiatives as required
- Tracking current requisitions and providing reports as needed
- Consistently delivering a best-in-class experience to all candidates applying to the organization
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date and complete personnel records
- Ensuring compliance with relevant employment legislation for Canada, US and Europe
- Preparing job descriptions, job postings and other recruitment documentation using Microsoft Office, Ceridian Dayforce and other recruiting networks such as Indeed and LinkedIn
- Checking prospective employee references
- Participating in selection panels to evaluate candidates when required
- Maintaining human resources information and related record systems in compliance with applicable legislation
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of bilingual recruitment and selection experience
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Exceptional record-keeping, tracking and reporting skills using software and Excel
- Strong knowledge of applicable employment legislation in Canada
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Agility along with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, with conflicting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive or private information with tact and discretion
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources an asset
- Bilingualism (French and English) is required
This is a remote, full-time position.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.