Aurora is a global leader in the cannabis industry serving both the medical and consumer markets. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Aurora is a pioneer in global cannabis dedicated to helping people improve their lives. The Company's brand portfolio includes Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael '71, Daily Special, AltaVie, MedReleaf, CanniMed, Whistler, and Reliva CBD. Providing customers with innovative, high-quality cannabis products, Aurora's brands continue to break through as industry leaders in the medical, performance, wellness and recreational markets wherever they are launched.
Anandia is on the search for our next Systems Analyst StarLIMS. The position is based in Vancouver, BC.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Researching, managing, and developing the current Laboratory Information Management System application (STARLIMS)
- Testing and evaluating new LIMS programs
- Identifying areas for modification/improvements in STARLIMS and subsequently developing these modifications/ improvements
- Writing and implementing efficient code
- Determining operational practicality
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
- Training users and other team members
- Generate reports from single or multiple systems. Troubleshoot the reporting database, environment, and reports
- Manage a variety of data sets, including creation, updates, deletion, and archiving
- Review and translate data, develop reports and analysis for management team
- Supports data driven decision-making by gathering key information and building reports that effectively communicate complex topics to a variety of audiences
- Assist with project implementation related to data transfer and validation
- Provide subject matter expertise within the department and to business partners on available data sources and the appropriate methodology for conducting analysis
- Analyze Anandia's testing volumes and activities to provide the Management Team with relevant information for decision-making
- Additional projects under the direction of the Director of Quality Control
- Other duties as required.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or related discipline, and four years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Experience working with a LIMS, ELN, LIS or ERP
- Knowledge of Crystal Report and .NET framework is strongly preferred
- Work experience as a data analyst or in a related field
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software and solution recommendations
- Demonstrated experience in handling large dataset and relational databases
- Understanding of Quality Assurance/Quality Control systems
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Broad knowledge and excellent understanding of a range of business intelligence concepts and common business functions and practices, including but not limited to maintenance management, customer service, records management, policies and procedures, finance systems and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt; maintain focus and a high degree of accuracy and discretion in dealing with confidential information while working with complex data in an environment of ever changing deadlines, priorities, and requirements
- Effective organizational skills, ability to collaborate and work well in cross-functional teams
Anandia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aurora Cannabis Inc. Aurora and Anandia are Equal Opportunity Employers
As a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.
Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. At Aurora, we are committed to do business inclusively and accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.