Founded in 2017, dutchie is an all-in-one technology platform powering dispensary operations, while providing consumers with safe and easy access to cannabis. Dutchie aims to further support the positive societal change the cannabis space brings to the world through health and wellness benefits, social justice, and by empowering local communities through tax revenue. Powering thousands of dispensaries across 35+ markets throughout the United States and Canada, dutchie is the leading technology company in the cannabis space and was named to Fast Company’s 10 most innovative companies in North America and LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups.
Dutchie has raised $253M in funding to date, backed by Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DFJ Growth, Thrive Capital, Howard Schultz, Snoop Dogg’s Casa Verde Capital, Gron Ventures, members of the founding team at DoorDash, Kevin Durant’s Thirty Five Ventures, and other notable angel investors.
About the Role
The Strategic Finance team is responsible for providing data-driven insights to inform financial, strategic and operational decision-making across the company. We’re seeking an Associate who will support broad initiatives across corporate strategy and planning, capital markets, investor relations and strategic projects. In this role, you will work with a lean team to develop top and bottom-line financial projections, track key performance indicators, deliver ad hoc financial analyses and present critical recommendations to key stakeholders. This high-impact position is a fantastic opportunity to drive company-wide strategic initiatives, partner cross-functionally with other line-of-businesses, interact frequently with senior leaders and create long-term shareholder value at a hyper-growth startup.
What you'll do...
- Support strategic decision-making through analysis, with a focus on capital allocation and scenario planning
- Build sophisticated financial models and synthesize outputs into concise presentations to inform executive and board decision-making
- Distill large datasets into actionable insights and trends, updating management regularly with a point of view on the health of the business
- Play a key role in corporate strategy and planning, capital markets and investor relations processes
- Drive strategic initiatives through a combination of business partnering, analytical insight and project management
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization by developing a deep understanding of dutchie’s business model, including product and market strategies, competitive context and internal processes
What you'll bring...
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital, management consulting, or corporate finance
- Expert Excel skills; extensive experience building three-statement financial models and analyzing large data sets
- Effective communication skills; ability to distill complex analyses into structured outputs and present to all levels of management
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, independent and self-motivated
- Ability to think creatively and critically, thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous environment and juggle multiple responsibilities with competing deadlines
- SaaS or FinTech industry experience a plus
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R a plus
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation and sick days
- Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance
At dutchie, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Dutchie believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.