At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the District Manager, the Store Manager is accountable for the overall store experience, employee experience, results and operations. Our ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, passionate and a proven leader. With experience managing retail businesses, the Store Manager is capable of building and motivating a team of outgoing, results-oriented sales staff that act as brand ambassadors for Tokyo Smoke in and outside of the store.
By building strong customer relationships and growing the reputation of Tokyo Smoke, you know what it takes to improve the store’s performance. Some would call you a trailblazer - you aren’t afraid of taking risks or dealing with ambiguity. You thrive in environments where you get to problem solve, be creative and overcome challenges to achieve business metrics. Recognizing that we operate in a burgeoning industry, you see the immense value in our retail locations as billboards for the brand and take pride in improving all aspects of the store to ensure Tokyo Smoke’s success within the retail cannabis landscape.
- Use strong floor management skills to manage the day-to-day operations of the store and drive sales
- Maximize store sales through effective planning, execution and brand awareness
- Oversee all areas of the store architecture and delegate accordingly
- Manage staff and assign duties; Contribute to growth and staff motivation through minimum turnover
- Determine staffing requirements and assist in hiring; Retain high level candidates
- Deliver exceptional customer service and lead by example
- Technically and creatively manage all in store product and merchandise
- Train and develop team of retail sales staff; Ensure staff are educated on all products
- Build and cultivate lasting customer relationships and enable all staff members to do the same
- Drive and maintain the operational excellence within the stores, troubleshooting to remedy issues in store
- Demonstrate strong time management and organization skills to keep priorities in focus
- Effectively communicate needs and ideas to upper management in order to elevate the business
- Enforce all company policies and programs, ensuring compliance
- Evaluate, optimize and maintain employee hours/scheduling
- Meet sales targets and achieve profitability by controlling costs (labour, supplies, inventory etc.)
- Create relationships with local businesses and participate in community events
- Stay up-to-date (and ensure staff are up to date as well) with product knowledge, company information, new launches, campaigns and promotions
- Adhere to all legislative requirements of cannabis retailers, including federal, provincial and municipal legislation
- Partner with your HRBP to ensure all people policies and programs are upheld
- Partner with your Community Manager on all in store brand awareness and community initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3-5 years of retail store manager experience
- Resourceful, creative and solution-oriented
- Ability to work plan, prioritize and organize
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated while still working in a team environment
- A leader with a proven ability to train others and retain talent
- Must be flexible with hours of work and be comfortable with ever changing duties
- Ability to analyze selling reports, identify business trends, and react quickly to the needs of the business
- Proven ability to drive positive customer experiences that build loyalty and deliver measurable results
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Industry awareness and strong business acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills
- You are passionate about cannabis and are excited to bring it to market for recreational purposes
- Comfortable working variable shifts, including evenings and weekends
- Comfortable lifting and unpacking boxes that may weigh 5-30 lbs
- Bonus points if you’ve worked in a regulated environment before
- Bonus points if you have completed Sell Safe training and hold a Qualified Cannabis Worker certification
This is a fulltime role based out of Brandon, Manitoba.
We appreciate your interest, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation, please notify your Talent Acquisition Partner. Please note, the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.