This position can remote.
Who we are
Eaze is a cannabis delivery platform and marketplace that connects adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products. Eaze has built a sophisticated logistics and technology platform to provide fast, efficient delivery of a broad variety of cannabis products across California. We are on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. At Eaze, you will work alongside a world-class team of product managers, designers, and engineers representing a wide range of backgrounds and strengths.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for a variety of activities pertaining to Eaze’s accounting cycles, including preparing periodic financial statements and reports, performing month-end & year-end procedures, and managing relationships with key finance & operational teams to ensure accurate financial transactions. The Staff Accountant is also a key business partner to Operations and must be able to handle the complexity and speed associated with operations and intercompany transactions. This is a remote position based in the US.
What you’ll do
- Prepare monthly workpapers and manage month/quarter/year end close deliverables
- Adhere to proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Serve as a key resource in responding to various queries regarding monthly, quarterly and annual expenditures and balance sheet items.
- Partner cross-functionally to develop, implement, improve and execute financial and accounting processes and systems
- Develop and document work instructions and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Contribute to automation and process improvement projects
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions
- Assist with compiling year-end external audit requests
- Collaborate on system implementations for ERP software.
- Work collaboratively within the finance team and other departments to understand business processes and Ad hoc projects as requested.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in accounting or related field
- Excellent Excel skills a must
- CPA or CPA Candidate Preferred
- Experience with QBO, Odoo, Fathom, Accrulify and/or Floqast a plus
- Base knowledge of basic accounting procedures such as revenue recognition, accrued expenses and inventory
- Strong business and financial acumen and a willingness to have an impact on the business.
- Self-starter, driven & focused, strong attention to detail and well organized.
- Systems thinker with demonstrated process improvement skills and knowledge of accounting best practices and standards.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, presentation); communicates in a clear, concise, and organized manner; active listener and listens to others to obtain information.
- Has a sense of urgency, demonstrates the ability to manage time and prioritize activities & resources to ensure deadlines are met on a consistent basis.
- Thrive in a team environment
- Attention to detail
Why you should join
As an organization, we are keenly aware of the injustice of the war on drugs - which for so many years has been used to incarcerate black and latinx people on a massive scale. We are always trying to do our part to support these communities, whether it’s through the promotion of social equity brands or funding underrepresented cannabis business founders through our accelerator program. We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.