Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine's Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods ("CPG") approach to cannabis, Cresco's house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy's, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside\*, Cresco's national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry's first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation's cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Corporate Accounting Senior Manager to join our Corporate Controllership team in Chicago, IL. The Corporate Accounting Senior Manager will report to the Director, Regional Controller Great Lakes and Corporate and will be responsible for managing the corporate general ledger close and oversight of corporate reporting and reconciliations. This individual will set the corporate close calendar, enhance and manage checklists, and manage cross-functional collaboration to meet close deadlines. This individual will also review monthly and quarterly key schedules used for accounting, audit, tax, and both internal and external reporting. This individual will analyze financial statements to find and resolve any discrepancies. This individual will manage at least one staff member and will be a key leader in our Corporate Accounting team, acting as a right-hand person to the Director of Accounting. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is highly organized with great attention to detail, who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Lead and mentor a team of 10-12 individuals of varying levels of expertise (staff to Manager level)
- Review and provide inputs to the monthly general ledger close and reporting process, including review and provide inputs the close calendar and establishing/enhancing checklists for the regional department
- Manage adherence to deadlines both internally and cross-functionally, with direct responsibility to coordinate needed cross-functional inputs and dependencies to meet close deadlines
- Review the P&L and balance sheets for all of the company's divisions within the region and corporate spaces, as well as material journal entries, reconciliations, and accounting areas as assigned
- Review and manage preparation of key internal closing reports and accounting analytics on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Review schedules used for accounting, management reporting, external reporting, audit, and tax purposes on an ongoing basis
- Manage auditor requests and coordinate PBC items on a quarterly and annual basis
- Prepare and/or review variance analysis and other reporting for senior management
- Assist and coordinate cross regionally with process improvements for accounting, including refinement and automation of close processes and reporting, implementation of robust account reconciliation procedures and related add-on accounting and process management systems (e.g., Blackline)
- Support the tax team for year-end tax preparation process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Work cross functionally with all company departments including operations, finance (tax, cost, consolidations, reporting, FP&A, investor relations), sales, marketing, legal, compliance, and HR
- Implement accounting policies and procedures as company expands in to new and established markets
- Contribute to implementation of additional accounting modules and add on/new financials systems (automation/ERP)
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business with Accounting concentration
- 8+ years accounting experience (public accounting or public company corporate accounting strongly preferred)
- Experience at large, publicly traded manufacturing companies highly preferred
- CPA highly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive hands-on experience with financial accounting systems (Intacct helpful) and ERP (SAP highly preferred) with knowledge of data structure and reporting requirements
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel (including pivot tables and V-lookup functions) and MS Office required, including working with large amounts of data (Power Query helpful)
- Tableau experience preferred
- Enjoys working in a post start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
Cresco Labs requires that all corporate employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on or before September 30, 2021. If you are offered and accept a position, you will be required to prove your vaccination status prior to when your employment begins. If you require a medical or religious accommodation with regard to vaccination, please let us know once you receive an offer of employment (if applicable).
Cresco Labs is proud to offer eligible employees a robust offering of benefits including, major medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(K)-match program, FSA/HSA programs, LTD/STD options, life insurance and AD&D. We also offer eligible employees paid holidays and paid time off. Other rewards may include annual discretionary bonuses, stock options as well as participation in our employee discount program. Benefits eligibility for permanent positions may vary by full-time or part-time roles, location, or position.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.