Specialist, Advertising Operations
Customer Experience is at the forefront of everything we do here at Weedmaps. We strive to understand and proactively anticipate the needs of our clients while building loyalty to our platform and community.
As an Ad Operations Specialist II at Weedmaps, you will administer advertising sales processes with a focus on quality, accuracy, and efficiency. The right person will be passionate about driving forward the success of our team through continuous improvement and will feel comfortable operating in a high volume operational environment. Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to change while maintaining a positive attitude is key.
The impact you'll make:
- Partner with sales and client support to ensure the sale of Weedmaps advertising products are correctly booked, payment is correctly received and documented
- Audit sales opportunities as well as conduct EOM billing reconciliation in Salesforce
- Administer core sales processes for Weedmaps advertising products:
- Account licensing and compliance audits
- Contract generation and signing
- Cancellation Review / Approvals
- Main point of contact for our outsourced Ad Ops resources to manage their reporting queue workload on a daily basis
- Conducts the secondary QA for campaigns and creative post trafficking
What you've accomplished:
- BS / BA Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in ad operations with direct trafficking involvement
- 2+ years of experience working in Google Ad Manager or other ad servers
- Experience managing digital assets and checking compliance against internal specs
- Experience navigating Salesforce
- Knowledgeable about industry trends in digital advertising
- Familiarity with, and interest in cannabis industry, digital media, and operations
- Comfort with, and ability to operate at an accelerated, iterative pace in a dynamic environment
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Highly communicative and collaborative with cross functional teams
- Well versed with trafficking in various different ad serving environments
- Experience working with overseas teams in a queued environment
- Familiarity with Gmail & Google Suite
- A passion for the cannabis industry and the desire to develop the culture
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and present to a diverse range of stakeholders
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided when working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door when you work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.