Software Engineer (Ruby)
As a Ruby Software Engineer working with the Weedmaps team, you will be building software that powers the cannabis industry. We cover an array of users from growers to dispensaries to consumers and we constantly strive to improve the experience for each of those customers using cutting-edge design and implementation practices. As a major player in this emerging industry, we have an opportunity to help define the market landscape and we invite you to help in that effort.
The Impact You'll Make
- As a product-minded engineer, take ownership of significant features from cradle to production
- Contribute to the open source community! We leave our tools in better shape than we found them
- Pair with other engineers who as tenacious as you are for the craft
- Collaborate with stakeholders to build new and iterate on existing features
- Help optimize existing code for improved performance
- Regularly participate in code reviews and other team functions
- Pair with other engineers regularly
- Cultivate sense of customer empathy to continue building an exceptional product
What You've Accomplished
- Advanced knowledge of Ruby and Rails
- Experience writing secure, RESTful APIs with performant database queries
- Effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback in an agile environment
- Fluency using Git in a team environment
- Minimum of 3 years of software development experience at a startup or mid-sized company
What You Will Do
- As a backend engineer on the Admin team, you will be working with the core of our business: cannabis dispensaries, delivery services, doctors, brands, and their product catalog and menus
- You will be working with a few well-tested and well-maintained Rails 6 applications. The oldest and largest is 8 years old, and is backed by PostgreSQL
- You will work with several other tools and services, such as: Elasticsearch, Redis, and RabbitMQ
Our 2022 Benefits
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee - employer paid premium 100%
- Dependent - employer paid premium 80%
- HMO - Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA - Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D - employer paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it’s regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with your fellow Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.