As the leading cannabis multi-state operator (MSO), AYR Wellness is on a journey to be a force for good; and it all starts with our belief in the power and potential of the plant.
We believe in creating an environment in which we can all flourish, one where every individual can find their genius and pursue their passion, because it’s this dedication to creating a culture of excellence, one where we’re all empowered to achieve our dreams, that will propel us forward. We’re a company that puts our people first. A place where talent is rewarded, diversity is celebrated, and innovative thinking is championed and we believe that together we can build a better and brighter future for ourselves, our industry, and our world.
Join us as we create wonder together!
As a founding member of our upcoming Payment product (no tech debt!), you will be required to engineer a top-quality greenfield code base using modern techniques and best practices. You will also be tasked with creating an amazing user interface for our web and mobile applications. You love developing creative solutions that solve customers’ needs and enhance their user experience. You have a knack for front and back-end development and are willing and eager to learn all layers of web applications. The ideal candidate will also have outstanding communication and collaboration skills. The perfect candidate is passionate about using new technologies and has a history of working in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working hand in hand with other engineers in building out interfaces that match designs. These interfaces consume and create data from various backends.
- Your input will help drive the direction and format of data endpoints and your day-to-day efforts will include communicating architecture choices to other team members.
- Design, develop, implement and support highly complex web applications using the latest technologies and tools including React/React Native, Node, ES6, and CSS Preprocessors..
- Solve technical problems around web application system design, performance, scalability, and product stability
Write high quality code with supporting tests using testing frameworks such as Jest to maintain .
Influence product direction and development methodologies.
Drive innovation by coming up with new ideas for our products and processes.
Scrutinize software changes to ensure secure coding standards are met.
Develop and improve continuous integration for development, testing, and releases. Analyze and improve the efficiency and scalability of systems and processes.
Collaborate with multiple teams within the company.
- Expert in using React / CSS to implement a consistent design
- Experience in Typescript, Node, and SQL
- Comfortable with React Native
- Must have a working knowledge of Git
- 1-2 years of experience within the Financial Services industry, specifically with electronic processing / ACH transactions.
- Experience with payment rails such as ACH, RTP, FIS, etc.
- Must have a solid understanding of software engineering principles and Agile software development methodologies
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently and collaborate with a team with a diverse set of people
- Must have a desire and drive to learn new technologies and embrace the concepts of continuous improvement
- Must have a passion for creating and delivering software that is both high quality and highly innovative
- Must have excellent programming, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or 3+ years of professional front-end development experience
- At least 3 years of experience building web applications or server-based applications
3+ years of responsive HTML and CSS development
3+ years of experience with Node.js
Some experience with Payment APIs/Fintech such as Plaid/MX/ACH/Nacha/Stripe
Some experience in Web Designing tools (e.g., Figma, Adobe XD, Photoshop), and has the ability to translate designs into high-quality code ideally with design systems like Storybook
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Front-end development
- CSS / CSS Preprocessors
- React & React Native
- SQL – Postgres
- Interest in Cannabis
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
- Occasional travel to dispensaries/manufacturing facility may be required.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At AYR Wellness, our vision is to be a force for good in all we do and to bring lasting positive change to our communities, our industry, and our world. And it wouldn’t be possible without our exceptionally talented team. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the uniqueness of each employee and supports their individual journey in finding their genius and pursuing their passion.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to pursuing our vision for the future, and we believe that our success is dependent on building a truly equitable, collaborative, and inclusive team. One that reflects the diversity of the communities that we serve.
In addition to a generous benefits package, and unparalleled career opportunities, as an employee at Ayr Wellness, you can expect to be provided with industry-leading training which will offer you an in-depth insight into the wonderful world of cannabis.
We recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, we want to hear from you!
AYR Wellness is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans’ status.