Jane is an MIT-founded, high growth, and rapidly expanding technology company in the cannabis industry. As the cannabis industry’s first complete real-time marketplace, we aim to provide consumers with a confident, safe and simple shopping experience. Users can browse local products in real-time, compare by price, proximity or popularity and place orders at local stores for pickup or delivery - all on the industry’s largest marketplace. Our platform integrates directly with POS systems at retail locations and leverages this real time data to provide an "it just works" experience for both the retail operators and end consumers. Additionally, Jane provides key data insights to industry stakeholders via our growing analytics platform.
Jane Technologies, Inc. is an MIT-founded eCommerce company in the cannabis industry, and we are growing extremely quickly. We believe in the cannabis industry's ability to bring well-being, health, and love into this world, and it is our mission to bring confidence to the online cannabis shopping experience. To learn more about who we are, our culture, and whether this is the right place for you:
Read our Key Values profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/jane
Check out our product at: https://www.iheartjane.com
- We are a small close-knit team of highly technical engineers with diverse backgrounds.
- We have a strong engineering culture, which values lean development, data-driven practices.
- We are rapidly growing 20% month over month and are always tackling challenging and interesting technical problems
- We are building a robust, feature-rich, and easy-to-use digital merchandising platform that improves the marketing efficiency for brands and dispensaries.
What You'll do:
- Build scalable backend services and APIs that power our digital merchandising platform.
- Work with other senior engineers to contribute to high level decisions about the architecture and design.
- Work with Product Managers to make Jane’s digital merchandising offering sound, robust and easy to use.
- Work with Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers to collect data, analyze data, and use data to improve digital merchandising.
- Help communicate and implement best practices across the engineering team.
- Perform and participate in design reviews and code reviews.
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks.
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience in a product-centered team.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals: compute, storage, and network.
- Proficiency in at least one system language: Go (preferred), Java, etc.
- Ability to grow and adapt to a rapidly evolving technology stack.
- Can dive deep into complex problems.
- Ability to write readable, testable, extendable code.
- Fierce passion about collaboration and the way you develop software.
- Experience with AdTech.
- Experience with data-intensive applications.
Jane Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets.