At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Manager, Software Engineering, the Software Developer will be a part of the software engineering function within Canopy Growth. This position will perform a variety of software engineering tasks that require independent judgment, planning and implementation. Ideal candidates will be proactive, hands‐on, and independent problem‐solvers who can work on a fully remote team. Flexibility and professionalism are key. Highly effective technical communication (both written and verbal) and software development skills are critical to the position.
- Work with the other developers, QA testers, Enterprise Architects and Business Analysts to ensure that quality custom software is delivered to the business
- Participate in the design phases of the projects to provide technical expertise on translating business needs to software implementation
- Evaluate existing projects and propose potential improvements
- Take ownership of bugs and refactoring efforts
- Write high quality, well-tested, production level code
- Participate in peer reviews
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ year of experience Python (Django, DRF an asset)
- 1+ year of experience writing software tests
- 1+ year of experience with MySQL or other SQL-based databases
- Knowledge of how to build systems resilient to failure
- Experience with REST APIs development
- Experience with CI/CD tools (CircleCI, Jenkins or others)
- Experience with software development management tools (Git, Jira, Test Rails)
- Experience with Docker is desirable
- Experience with AWS (ECS, S3, IAM, Lambda) is desirable
- Experience with Bugsnag and Datadog an asset
- Experience with the Shopify API and/or Python library an asset
- Excellent communication skills. Most communications are done in English, the candidate should have strong English skills
- Knowledge of software engineering design and implementation process (requirements gathering, technical solution documentation, use case elaboration, agile methodology...)
- Academic degree or comparable education and work experience
### Other Details
This is a 100% remote position within Canada.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.