Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine's Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods ("CPG") approach to cannabis, Cresco's house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy's, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside\*, Cresco's national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry's first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation's cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Social Media Manager to join our corporate Marketing team in Chicago, IL. The Social Media Manager will oversee the overarching social media and content strategy for our retail brand. The Social Media Manager is responsible for both national and local social media and content strategies across platforms, including but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, and more. The Social Media Manager will work with internal and external creative teams to bring content and strategies to life in alignment with business goals. This role oversees the influencer and community management strategy for our national retail brand. You should be extremely creative, dedicated, analytical, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. The position will report to the Senior Director of Consumer Engagement.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Lead the development and execution of local and national social media strategies across all social media channels for our retail locations
- Oversees the monthly and quarterly social media content calendar that aligns with overall business initiatives and goals
- Embody a content marketing mindset, including the ability to marry the strategy with the brands' personality, tone & voice.
- Lead, define and maintain the community management strategy across all owned channels including engagement strategy, content strategy, analysis and reporting
- Work with the creative team, photographers & videographers to develop campaign assets (e.g. photo, video, stop-motion, graphics) that align with our brand guidelines
- Manage the overall social media influencer strategy and relationships including coordination of campaigns, and reporting on performance
- Manage community management, driving the strategy and day-to-day engagement approach with patients and consumers, and relaying critical insights and complaints to customer service and operations.
- Establish clear KPIs, and optimize priorities and approach based on analytics and audience data that measure impact of work and initiatives.
- Develops and analyzes social media performance metrics to drive future marketing decisions, generating monthly performance reports for all social media and influencer campaigns.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field is preferred
- Experience with photography, videography, and other visual content creation, a plus
- 5+ years of experience in social media, influencer marketing and community management
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms (e.g. Sprout, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram LinkedIn, etc.)
- Track record of identifying, building, and delivering growth within a fast-moving organization.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing social media & influencer campaigns
- Comfortable leading team of social media experts
- Strong numerical and analytical skill set with ability to interpret quantitative data.
- Strong communication skills (exceptional listening skills, persuasive and professional communication style) is required.
- Interest in cannabis preferred
Cresco Labs requires that all corporate employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on or before September 30, 2021. If you are offered and accept a position, you will be required to prove your vaccination status prior to when your employment begins. If you require a medical or religious accommodation with regard to vaccination, please let us know once you receive an offer of employment (if applicable).
Cresco Labs is proud to offer eligible employees a robust offering of benefits including, major medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(K)-match program, FSA/HSA programs, LTD/STD options, life insurance and AD&D. We also offer eligible employees paid holidays and paid time off. Other rewards may include annual discretionary bonuses, stock options as well as participation in our employee discount program. Benefits eligibility for permanent positions may vary by full-time or part-time roles, location, or position.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.