Founded in 2017, dutchie is an all-in-one technology platform powering dispensary operations, while providing consumers with safe and easy access to cannabis. Dutchie aims to further support the positive societal change the cannabis space brings to the world through health and wellness benefits, social justice, and by empowering local communities through tax revenue. Powering thousands of dispensaries across 35+ markets throughout the United States and Canada, dutchie is the leading technology company in the cannabis space and was named to Fast Company’s 10 most innovative companies in North America and LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups.
Dutchie has raised $253M in funding to date, backed by Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DFJ Growth, Thrive Capital, Howard Schultz, Snoop Dogg’s Casa Verde Capital, Gron Ventures, members of the founding team at DoorDash, Kevin Durant’s Thirty Five Ventures, and other notable angel investors.
About the Role
We're looking for a world-class SRE to help ensure our rapidly growing system can scale to meet our ever-growing demand. You'll be at the ground level of building out the SRE function at dutchie, helping to increase our observability of the platform, defining patterns to increase reliability, building out a chaos engineering toolkit, load testing strategy, and improving incident response processes. This is a unique opportunity to get deep in the codebases, infra, and architecture across dutchie.
What You’ll Do…
- Instrument codebases and systems to improve telemetry, resiliency, and reliability of the platform
- Work with various software engineering teams on architecture and design of complex systems
- Lead complex migrations of platforms, and build out solutions to make platforms multi-region if possible
- Work with Cloud Platform, Software Engineering, and Security Engineering to ensure reliability is always a top feature of our product
What You Bring…
- Experience writing testable code in a high-level language, such as Ruby or Python. You have made significant contributions to complex codebases, not just scripting
- Experience scaling complex systems, especially in the e-commerce space. This doesn't mean just setting up autoscaling; it's about making systems more efficient and resilient
- Experience in chaos engineering and incident response programs
- Experience with modern telemetry and monitoring systems for time-series metrics and tracing
- Experience with NoSQL and relational databases
It's a Bonus If You...
- Have experience with Kubernetes
- Have worked with modern architecture patterns
- Experience with AWS or another cloud provider
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation and sick days
- Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance
At dutchie, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Dutchie believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.