Shipping & Receiving Associate - Winnipeg, Manitoba (Manitoba Harvest)
Afternoons (3pm - 11pm)
Tilray Inc. (NASDAQ:TLRY) is a global pioneer in the research, cultivation, production and distribution of cannabis currently serving patients and consumers in thirteen countries spanning five continents. Tilray operates state-of-the-art cannabis facilities in Canada and Portugal and teams in the U.S., Australia & New Zealand, Europe and Latin America. Tilray is pioneering the future of the industry globally by forging industry-disruptive partnerships and building a robust house of brands.
Manitoba Harvest, the world’s largest hemp foods company, offers a portfolio of hemp foods and CBD wellness products to consumers across North America. Our mission is to inspire a better way, a better life & a better world – and it’s up to us to sow these seeds of change. Our mission is to transform consumer health through the power of hemp foods.
If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a worldwide network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to pioneer the future of cannabis globally and establish Tilray as the world’s most trusted and valuable cannabis brand.
The Shipping & Receiving Associate is responsible to verify that products are shipped and received accurately and punctually with all requisite documentation and ensuring that all stocked inventory is properly maintained. It is also expected that each Associate in the team is able to work with freight companies to efficiently coordinate and track the secure domestic and international shipments of products. his position will be an afternoon shift from 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm (midnight),
- Coordinate, monitors and updates status of pick -up and delivery of shipments by obtaining freight quotes, and tracking for inbound and outbound products for customers
- Responsible to unload/load all trucks and complete accurate shipping/receiving manifest
- Ensures all shipping orders have appropriate documentation per customer specifications
- Request and follow up on missing documentation and information from internal team, freight forwarders and agencies
- Monitor and update shipment status; follow-up pick-up of shipments
- Interact with logistics service providers to coordinate movement of goods, freight quotes and bills of lading
- Enters/submits appropriate paperwork promptly and accurately for each shipment as needed
- Keeps workspace/warehouse both indoors/outdoors clean and organized and completes required logs
- Assists in ensuring accurate inventory of warehouse by conducting weekly cycle and monthly counts
- Inspects all incoming shipment to ensure that it meets all Fresh Hemp Food Ltd.’s quality requirements
- Supplies plant production with materials as per the weekly production/packaging schedule
- Responsible for receiving/removing seed including set up, seed sampling, monitoring/removal of material, data entry, and clean up as per SOP
- Delivers/transfers incoming goods to the appropriate requestor/area
- Data entry of customs documentation
- Records all inventory movement on required logs
- Complies with Company standards for GMPs, SOP’s and BRC Certification and all Occupational Health and Safety requirements and legislation
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager or designate
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum 1- 2 years shipping/receiving or warehouse experience
- Familiar and comfortable with the use of computers (MS Office)
- Preparation of both domestic and international shipping documents preferred
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license and experience driving a 5-ton truck is preferred
- Able to operate lift truck and forklift with valid certification
- Ability to be flexible to work out of our Ste Agathe or Winnipeg facilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Sit/stand for extended periods of time
- Handling heavy loads (up to 50 lbs)
- Operating large machinery in a safe manner
- Hand-eye coordination
- Working outdoor year-round in extreme temperatures
Tilray/Manitoba Harvest welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray/Manitoba Harvest does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray/Manitoba Harvest does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of High Park, please send an email inquiry to \email@example.com