Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine's Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods ("CPG") approach to cannabis, Cresco's house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy's, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside\*, Cresco's national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry's first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation's cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Senior Vice President, Quality Assurance (SVP,QA), will create and maintain a quality culture throughout the entire corporation. This position will develop and lead the business strategic quality plan in collaboration with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and other regional & business unit senior leaders. This role provides strategic decision-making, leadership, planning, and prioritization to meet business and quality objectives.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Build and lead the national quality department within the company, including the hiring and management of regional directors, and facility QA staff.
- Build collaborative relationships with key stakeholders including leaders from Operations, Sales, Innovation, Procurement, Legal and Finance to ensure QA is adding value to the organization and enhancing business results.
- Develop and maintain actionable KPIs related to quality. Provide access to transparent reporting of these KPIs.
- Recruit, train and manage a team of high performing QA staff to drive continuous improvement throughout the organization using comprehensive risk assessment, clear goals and expectations, and a focus on data analysis to identify strategic opportunities for improvement.
- Assess contract manufacturing and supplier quality requirements and evaluation methods; drive root cause resolution for all supplier component failures; serve as the primary contact for the negotiation of quality agreements.
- Establish regular quality meetings across the company (including with the executive leadership team) to ensure all company personnel understand overall quality health and that appropriate plans/actions are in place to meet the corporate quality objectives.
- Develop documentation, systems and national standard operating procedures; ensure processes for product quality meets required specifications for identity, purity, strength, and composition.
- Work in conjunction with Operations and Corporate Compliance to ensure accurate quality information is provided at each stage of processing.
- Calibrate and audit all quality systems, documentation, results and testing to maintain compliance and consistency with all State and/or Federal requirements
- Develop and support quality and product safety training programs.
- Provide regulatory interpretation, training, and organizational assessments to operational departments to ensure systems are aligned with FDA, SQF, HACCP, and GMP quality requirements.
- Review protocols, reports, product specifications, and batch records. Identify technical problems, and develop solutions to maximize product quality nationally.
- Oversee Crisis Management protocols, investigations, and reporting of quality issues, market withdrawals and recalls, and implementation of internal audit control processes. Oversee customer/patient complaint corrective action follow-through and delegation.
- Provide leadership for design improvements, post-market vigilance, and supplier controls.
- Drive internal process improvement initiatives and oversee inspection readiness activities, including mock inspections and interview preparations.
- Provide guidance on and assure implementation of cannabis programs and hygienic design of facilities and equipment. Maintain and upgrade HACCP procedures in all facilities. Oversee sanitation and environmental monitoring of production facilities and follow up on corrective actions when issues are found.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific (e.g. microbiology, toxicology, food science) , engineering, or other technical discipline required; Master's or other advanced degree is desirable.
- 10-15 years' experience in highly-regulated Food & Beverage CPG, Flavor/Ingredients, Personal Care & Pharma manufacturing industry.
- At least 5+ years' in a supervisory role managing a quality department that supports a GMP environment.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of FDA, SQF, HACCP, and GMP regulatory requirements for manufacturing industry. · Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive, team-focused approach and proven leadership track record, including people development and project management.
- Hands-on experience with implementing and managing quality/compliance systems and processes.
- Proven record of developing and maintaining successful working relationships with regulatory agencies, serving as liaison related to all cannabis matters.
- Ability and willingness to regularly travel to facilities throughout the U.S. required – (50%-75%).
- Demonstrated success in "setting the agenda", creating and maintaining a culture of quality in a large multi-state organization.
Cresco Labs requires that all corporate employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on or before September 30, 2021. If you are offered and accept a position, you will be required to prove your vaccination status prior to when your employment begins. If you require a medical or religious accommodation with regard to vaccination, please let us know once you receive an offer of employment (if applicable).
Cresco Labs is proud to offer eligible employees a robust offering of benefits including, major medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(K)-match program, FSA/HSA programs, LTD/STD options, life insurance and AD&D. We also offer eligible employees paid holidays and paid time off. Other rewards may include annual discretionary bonuses, stock options as well as participation in our employee discount program. Benefits eligibility for permanent positions may vary by full-time or part-time roles, location, or position.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.