The economies of tomorrow are highly regulated today -- that's where we come in. Fyllo enables highly regulated companies to conquer compliance at scale, empowering our customers with the confidence to grow boldly. The first vertical we are tackling is cannabis.
As a first mover, our pioneering technology makes compliance at scale possible in the fragmented cannabis industry. Having been founded in 2019, we’re currently in Series B and have raised 60 million to date. Moving forward, we see the opportunity to enter many additional verticals that suffer from similar constraints. This is just the beginning! Come join us as we continue to innovate for a better way.
As our Engineering Manager, you will build, lead and manage a team of developers, all while remaining a hands-on individual contributor. You will drive the creation of new applications for our clients as well as enhancing existing ones. These new features, interfaces and APIs will drive Fyllo’s overall growth. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to step into a role where they will be able to grow their own team from the ground up in our brand-new Chicago HQ, located in an old post office building. This job can sit remote.
Day to Day
- Lead, mentor, and assist a team of developers in full-stack development in an Agile environment
- Conduct 1x1 meetings, manage workflows, track metrics, and conduct performance reviews
- Facilitate management responsibilities including team support, feedback and open discussions
- Identify and implement best practices for quality and efficient software engineering
- Hands-on creation of web-based software, driving feature improvements for our clients
- Drive usability and architectural improvements to our internal web platforms
- Build user interfaces and internal processes for accessing large databases
- Participate in candidate interviewing and make hiring decisions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of experience as a team lead
- 7 years of experience with 3 years specifically using NodeJS and React in a SaaS environment
- Experience designing and working with databases, ideally PostgreSQL & MongoDB
- Familiarity with UI/UX principles and tools
- Strong relationship building skills
- Results-oriented management style
- Strong knowledge of web application architecture
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to develop products from inception to completion
Perks! Unlimited PTO, monthly mobile stipend, home office stipend, 401K, FSA/HSA, hybrid or remote work schedule, Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance coverage, paternity and maternity leave, pre-tax commuter programs and more.