At Fyllo we are on a mission to accelerate the economies of tomorrow. What does that mean? Our technology platform enables high-growth companies to reach and understand consumers, activate marketing and loyalty programs across multiple channels, and navigate today's ever-changing regulatory landscape.
We have created the world's largest data marketplace of cannabis and CBD purchase data along with a market-leading regulatory database that is used by Fortune 500 companies and emerging brands in highly-regulated industries like cannabis, crypto, short term rentals and more.
Having been founded in 2019, we have closed our Series C and raised 100 million to date. 2022 has proved to be another big year with our acquisition of Semasio based in the EU, so that together we will continue to grow our footprint globally. Semasio is a Unified Targeting provider that enables digital advertising professionals to reach their target audience by seamlessly combining audience, contextual and brand fit solutions into one targeting strategy. If you are someone who has a bias to act and believes in having more fun together, then read on!
Senior UX Designers are part of the Fyllo UX team, and work closely with UX, Product and Engineering peers to deliver simple solutions to the complex compliance problems our customers face everyday. In this role you will be responsible for leading the design of a specific portion of Fyllo's product platform in an agile and remote environment. You will also serve as a citizen of Fyllo's design system -- consuming and contributing the components and UX guidelines that enable Fyllo to rapidly release exceptional product experiences at scale -- and lead other UX team initiatives, as needed.
You will become an expert in your area of the platform, working with your product and development peers to rapidly find, articulate and solve real-world customer needs. As the voice of the user, you will bring products to life by enabling human centered innovation and design throughout the product life cycle. As a member of an agile startup, you will need both a passion for design excellence and pragmatic approach to how we get there.
If Lean UX, Design Thinking, and continual collaboration are your jam. If you believe it's not about you being right but it being right. That none of us is as smart as all of us. This could be the perfect role for you!
Day to Day
- Serve as the voice of the user throughout the product development lifecycle, ensuring human centered innovation and problem solving
- Iteratively develop activity diagrams, low- to high-figh wireframes, and clickable prototypes at the speed of agile
- Facilitate decision-driven co-design sessions, sharing designs early and often to feedback and align diverse stakeholders to shared solutions
- Articulate and justify design decisions based on product goals, user needs, data, and UX best-practices
- Partner with product management on customer feedback sessions and user tests to inform and validate design decisions
- Participate in roadmap, MVP and sprint planning with product and development peers
- Serve as a design system citizen, consuming and contributing the design components and UX guidelines that allow us to build better products, faster
- Author lean design specifications and work with engineers as need to efficiently and effectively implement experiences
- Conduct UX QA reviews to validate coded solutions
- Participate in or lead Design Sprints, and other collaborative design-driven workshops
- Lead various UX team initiatives, as needed
- 5+ years of professional UX/UI experience
- Bachelor Degree in relevant field of study (e.g. Human-Computer Interaction, Information Design, Graphic Design)
- Have a portfolio that demonstrates a customer-centered approach to design, care in craft, and well thought through end-to-end experiences
- Adept at leading a strategic design process throughout the product life cycle
- Comfortable facilitating decision-driven co-design sessions with team members at all levels
- Strong proficiency in persona development, process and workflow mapping, wireframing and prototyping, responsive design; and UI/UX design
- Excellent understanding of the latest UX principles, best-practices and patterns, and how to articulate and apply them
- Confident in your expertise and prepared to justify design decisions as appropriate
- Driven to understand how a system works and how specific problems influence or are influenced by the larger system
- Comfortable with ambiguity and can quickly adapt as needed to get things done
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for simplicity and strong attention to detail
- Agile and SaaS experience a plus
- HTML/CSS & JS a plus
- Experience with Material Design, design system, Design Thinking, and or Lean UX a definite plus
Perks & Benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Home office stipend
- 401K matching
- Hybrid or remote work schedule
- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical coverage
- Dental & vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter programs
- Learning & development programs
Our Recruiting team would love to connect with you! If your interests and experience are aligned with a current open role, one of our Recruiters will arrange a 20-30 minute introductory call with you. Following, depending on the role, there will either be a 60 minute technical interview or a 30 minute intro call with the Hiring Manager. Assuming all goes well, we will then set you up to speak with 2-3 potential peers from your team and/or cross functional teams, with each call being 30 min.
Some of our technical roles require a live Codepair. On average, from initial Recruiter Screen to Offer, takes 7-10 business days depending on candidate availability - we like to move fast across our business :) We understand the hectic lives we all lead and appreciate you taking the time to meet with us in pursuing opportunities with the Fyllo Fam. Thank you!
- Agile Methodology
- Attention To Detail
- Collaborative Design
- Customer Demand Planning