The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and we are the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores. Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry.
We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Senior Supply Chain Data Analyst to join our Supply Chain department to support the transformation of data into insights and intelligence that drives decisions. This is an exciting opportunity to leverage your 5+ years of experience in data mining, analysis and visualization. The Senior Supply Chain Data Analyst will be responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of business facing reports.
The Senior Supply Chain Data Analyst will manage reporting requirements, convert existing data extract procedures to meet the standards of Supply Chain reporting. In this role, you will manage data visualization tools such as Power BI in a cloud or server environment. As a Senior Supply Chain Data Analyst, you will support departmental goals including driving standardization, data cleansing and ensuring data accuracy on the Microsoft SQL server.
As a Senior Supply Chain Data Analyst, you will play a fundamental role in company-wide breakthrough initiatives, will partner directly with cross-functional team members and will also act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to guide other Data Analysts.
About Your Day
- Design the conceptual, logical, and physical data models necessary to support the analytic data requirements for supply chain reporting needs
- Write & run SQL queries to pull data from multiple databases
- Analyze supply chain data, identify trends, and create reports, dashboards or visualizations with the data using Power BI DAX (Data Analysis Expressions)
- Create, maintain & verify accuracy of dashboards, and data tables/views on a SQL Microsoft server for use by the whole department to make business decisions from
- Create reports & data visualizations to meet business requirements/specifications, including for senior leadership
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and provide recommendations to leader
- Utilize computer systems and databases in order to research and analyze unexpected or emerging data/trends
- Partner with Data Engineers to implement and support production of analytical data models
- Provide guidance and share expertise with other project team members to support breakthrough business initiatives
- Act as a subject matter expert regarding Supply Chain Data and share best practices & knowledge with other Data Analysts
- Completion of post-secondary education in statistics or related field of study OR equivalent combination of experience and post-secondary education
- 5+ years of professional experience in data analyst role with a focus on using hard data/metrics, statistical techniques, and root cause analysis to support business
- Intermediate knowledge of Oracle or Microsoft SQL, and Supply Chain systems (e.g. WMS, ERP or F&R)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Power BI (creating dashboards and reports)
- Expert knowledge of Power BI DAX (Data Analysis Expressions)
- Able to analyze data and interpret the results
- Cross-functional project experience with demonstrated partnerships with Data Engineers to implement and support production of analytical data models
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience in training Data Analysts and other team members
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Excel, Word, Access, etc
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven analytical skills with strong attention to detail
About the Job
- City: Toronto, ON
- Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
- Required Travel: Rare, usually within the GTA
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2022 at 11:59pm
- This position offers a Hybrid work schedule. You will be required to be in the office a minimum of 1 day each week, with the ability to work from home for the remaining workdays (subject to specific business needs requiring office attendance).
- When working from home, a reliable internet connection is required. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications and collaboration tools (i.e., MS Teams)
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation, please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.