Who we are
Eaze is a cannabis software platform and marketplace that connects adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products. Eaze uses a sophisticated logistics and technology platform to provide fast delivery of a broad variety of cannabis products across California. We are on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies.
We are looking to add a Senior Software Engineer to our engineering team focused on our consumer mobile applications. At Eaze, you will work with a caring and empathetic team of engineers representing a wide range of backgrounds and strengths.
What you'll do
As a Senior Software Engineer at Eaze, you are trusted to apply your technical experience to solve difficult problems in a new and rapidly evolving industry. In this position, you will be joining the team that owns our customer shopping experience on mobile applications. Your work will regularly have a direct and major impact on how our customers interact with our product as we grow.
You will join a team tasked with building the future flagship mobile shopping experience for Eaze customers. Your team will work cross-functionally with engineers, product managers, and designers in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. The mobile team is growing, therefore you will have the opportunity to develop many leadership skills like training incoming engineers, and creating and maintaining a documentation and onboarding system.
You will help create and maintain applications that:
- Dynamically adapts to changing legal regulations
- Expands to new legalized states
- Offers frictionless, and delightful user experience
- Is built with performance, maintainability, stability and observability in mind
Nice to haves
- You have experience shipping a cross-platform React Native application
- You have built and deployed apps to the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store
- You are excited about the cannabis industry
- You have experience with XCode and Android Studio
- You have implemented application monitoring/instrumentation tools like DataDog, Sentry, Honeycomb, and FullStory
- You have built e-commerce, shopping experiences
- You have written functional React components using Hooks
Why you should join
In joining the Eaze team, you'll be welcomed into a small but dedicated engineering organization. We are a highly collaborative team built on trust and patience. We learn from each other and provide support for when things inevitably don't go as planned. Every engineer is encouraged to own their work and drive projects regardless of tenure or title.
As an organization, we are keenly aware of the injustice of the war on drugs - which for so many years has been used to incarcerate black and latinx people on a massive scale. We are always trying to do our part to support these communities, whether it's through the promotion of social equity brands or funding underrepresented cannabis business founders through our accelerator program.
We are committed to growing a diverse and welcoming team in a safe space to be yourself and learn from your colleagues. Minorities, women, and LGBTQIA+ people are encouraged to apply!
Where we can hire
Eaze has offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, but our engineering organization is fully distributed/remote all across the United States!