Founded in 2017, dutchie is an all-in-one technology platform powering dispensary operations, while providing consumers with safe and easy access to cannabis. Dutchie aims to further support the positive societal change the cannabis space brings to the world through health and wellness benefits, social justice, and by empowering local communities through tax revenue. Powering thousands of dispensaries across 35+ markets throughout the United States and Canada, dutchie is the leading technology company in the cannabis space and was named to Fast Company’s 10 most innovative companies in North America and LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups.
Dutchie has raised $253M in funding to date, backed by Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DFJ Growth, Thrive Capital, Howard Schultz, Snoop Dogg’s Casa Verde Capital, Gron Ventures, members of the founding team at DoorDash, Kevin Durant’s Thirty Five Ventures, and other notable angel investors.
About the Role
Dutchie is seeking a Senior Security Engineer to help build and define security solutions. You will be at the ground-level building solutions to solve security concerns in a rapidly growing and scaling system, and team. This is everything from expanding our bot protection capabilities, to securing our cloud environments.You'll be working with other engineering, legal, and compliance leaders to prioritize various requirements and define solutions that secure our product without sacrificing velocity. You will be a security champion, who will make data-driven decisions to steer the security posture of dutchie.
What You’ll Do…
- Build elegant solutions to solve security concerns
- Work with other teams to champion best security practices
- Help Software Engineering teams help themselves by making security "automatic"
- Work with stakeholders across dutchie to ensure security and compliance needs are able to easily meet requirements
- Recognize emerging threats and build solutions to mitigate them proactively
- Ensure all data is secure and customers have the correct tools to secure their accounts
What You Bring…
- 5+ years working as a Security Engineer, building solutions at a company with an internet facing presence.
- Experience in researching emerging threats, to always be two steps ahead
- Experience writing software. You should have experience building testable, OO code; not just scripts
- Knowledge of compliance requirements and translating them to security solutions
- Experience managing projects end-to-end
It's a Bonus If You...
- You have worked as an SRE, DevOps Engineer, etc.
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation and sick days
- Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance
At dutchie, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Dutchie believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.