Senior Marketplace Business Analyst, Weedmaps.com
As a Senior Analyst, Weedmaps.com (WDC) you will play a key role within the organization by using a data-driven approach to make strategic recommendations and drive understanding of our fast-growing business. You will be a key member of the team that WDC looks to for insights and strategic direction on user acquisition, marketplace engagement, and long term retention across the Weedmaps ecosystem (web and app environments). In this role, you will be responsible for data-driven analysis and recommendations across all aspects of the end to end user journey, from initial marketing channel performance, to user acquisition, to active sessions & engagement behavior, through long term user retention with Weedmaps.
You are a self-starter, independent thinker, deeply analytical and detail-oriented, and capable of working in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. You roll up your sleeves, slice and dice massive sets of information, proactively identify trends and insights, and build solutions to problems that you help define. Deep understanding of how to improve user acquisition, active session engagement & retention through data is second nature to you.
The impact you'll make:
- Analyze business performance and driver metrics and identify actionable insights.
- Develop business reporting and dashboards highlighting key success metrics.
- Supporting the team with ad-hoc analysis and SQL queries.
- Drive regional- and metro-level market analysis across demand and supply.
- Support business forecasting, including impact sizing of key initiatives.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers, incorporate qualitative insights, and understand how we acquire, engage and retain users.
What you've accomplished:
- 4+ years proven experience analyzing data and driving actionable insights and results
- Fluent in SQL or any other database querying language
- Experience with Google Analytics, Mixpanel and/or Amplitude
- Analytical thinker and structured problem solver
- Strong background researching and manipulating complex and large data sets
- Experience with reporting automation & data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Prior startup or technology experience is a big plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent with specialization in marketing, finance, business, MIS, or related field of study
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided when working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door when you work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.