Senior Manager – IT Quality Assurance
The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the provincial online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and are the exclusive provincial wholesaler to authorized private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Manager, IT Quality Assurance to join our team. The Senior Manager, IT Quality Assurance will lead a team of analysts and test engineers to drive all aspects of quality and process improvements. As a Senior Manager for IT Quality Assurance, you will develop project- specific Quality Management plans, provide test strategies for critical IT projects and ensure Quality Assurance processes are executed within the defined quality standards while leading a team of analysts and test engineers. In this role, you will work closely with other IT managers to identify and implement improvements to processes for application development.
About Your Day
- Contribute to design and implementation of standardized QA processes and methodologies to streamline and optimize QA efforts
- Provide strategic direction to other leads & managers on development of Testing Playbook/Best Practices/Guidelines/Testing Accelerators
- Deliver exceptional client service by maximizing results and driving high performance from people, while also fostering collaboration
- Oversee the development and execution of test strategies, plans, monitoring and reporting on test execution and quality metrics
- Produce and maintain daily reports on testing conducted, testing scheduled, progress against plan, critical schedule delivery and changes, outages, priority defects and issues.
- Analyze, define, and translate business and functional requirements, use cases, designs and specifications into testing requirements. Manage and coordinate end to end testing activities for projects across many teams with both onsite and offshore resources
- Provide expertise in Quality Assurance (Functional, Automation or Performance Testing) and processes, including defect management, multiple methodologies, multiple test management tools and automation.
- Track and manage QA budget, scope QA efforts for project and allocation of resources appropriately
- Coordinate with business technology and/or third- party vendors in identifying mitigating and resolving risks, issues and dependencies that involve QA
- Keep up to date on new technologies and best practices in QA
- Bachelor of Computer Science or related technical field AND/OR an equivalent combination of experience and post-secondary education
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology QA being responsible for end-to-end validation of critical systems and/or applications with 5+ years experience as a team lead or as a manager
- Familiarity with JIRA, Service Now and current web technologies (e.g., API, REST, SOAP)
- Knowledge of testing strategies including technologies for automated testing
- Knowledge of accessibility tools including JAWS
- Knowledge of Project Management Methodologies; PMP would be an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Able to balance priorities and communicate effectively in a fast-moving, agile, produce development environment
- This position offers a Hybrid work schedule. You will be required to be in the minimum of 1 day per week, with the ability to work from home for the remaining workdays (subject to specific business needs requiring office attendance).
- When working from home, a reliable internet connection is required. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications and collaboration tools (i.e., MS Teams)
About the Job
- City: Toronto, ON
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full-time
- Required Travel: Rare, usually within the GTA
- Application Deadline: May 16, 2022 at 11:59PM
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation, please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.