The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and are the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Senior Manager, Demand Planner to join our Inventory Management Team. As a Senior Manager, Demand Planner, you will be responsible for leading a high performing team of Demand Planning Managers and Demand Planners. The successful candidate will lead strategic initiatives with internal and external partners to achieve optimal product flow and inventory availability to service the network.
About Your Day
- Lead business processes and systems that allow for effective and efficient demand forecast processes that feed into the supply network planning
- Work cross-functionally to ensure that strategic initiatives and tactical plans are incorporated into the forecast
- Collaborate and liaise with Licensed Producers to optimize product availability to support the network
- Deliver insight into possible root causes of forecast errors, develop and implement solutions to drive continuous improvement
- Review third-party warehouse inventory levels, ensure planning systems condition the optimal stock levels for customer fulfillment as per the demand plan
- Identify, recommend, and implement processes or tools that aim to improve the business
- Collaborate with finance and merchandising departments to lead key processes that support the sub-category Open-to-Buy (OTB) planning
- Build and lead a team of highly qualified professionals developing their skills and competencies by planning effective development activities and allocating decision-making authority and task responsibilities to others as appropriate.
- Post-Secondary Education in Supply Chain, Demand Planning or a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5+ years of experience in Demand Planning, Industrial Engineering or Business.
- Completion of a professional supply chain certification(s): Ex. Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), Retail Supply Chain Certification Program (RSCC), Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) is preferred
- Strong analytical, interpretive, and problem-solving skills to provide professional analysis and recommendations
- Experience with preparing presentations for the Leadership teams
- Strong communication and collaboration to work across all levels of the organization including senior management and the senior leadership team
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines
- Experience using Power BI or Tableau is considered an asset
- Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge, especially Microsoft Excel
- This position offers a Hybrid work schedule. Effective April 2022, you will be required to be in the office 1-2 days each week, with the ability to work from home for the remaining workdays (subject to specific business needs requiring office attendance)
- When working from home, a reliable internet connection is required. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications and collaboration tools (i.e., MS Teams)
About the Job
City: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full- Time, Permanent
Required Travel: Rare, usually within the GTA
Application Deadline: April 15, 2022 at 11:59PM
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.