Senior Manager, SRE & DevOps
As the Senior Manager of SRE and DevOps on the Weedmaps team, you will work closely with our infrastructure Engineers to define and shape the future of our cloud infrastructure at Weedmaps. You will use your leadership skills to grow the team, prioritize technical tasks and deliver on specified dates. You will use your management skills to mentor junior team members, recruit new engineers and grow the careers of your seniors. You will leverage your experience to reduce toil on the team and keep a tight focus on the business value provided by the requested features. As the leader in this emerging industry, we are helping to define the market landscape. We invite you to join in that effort.
Weedmaps is the Cloud platform powering the Cannabis industry. We help millions of consumers learn about and find Cannabis and thousands of organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their Cannabis business, whether they are a grower, producer, retailer or consumer. Our products are engineered for security, reliability, and scalability, running the full stack from application infrastructure to end user devices. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers, medical institutions and government agencies see the benefits of an industry platform. We are currently used by more than 10,000 enterprises and 5 million consumers on a monthly basis.
The impact you'll make:
- Take ownership of significant features or projects, driving them from development to production
- Manage our infrastructure to meet and exceed our service level objectives
- Collaborate closely with management of other teams including Software Engineering and our Internal Tooling team
- Lead teams of Senior level DevOps engineers, while coaching more junior level engineers
- Communicate development issues, team challenges, and overall productivity of teams with executive leadership
- Deliver performance reviews for your team members and set up performance goals
- Manage and motivate team to accomplish significant deliverables within tight deadlines
- Influence quality and productivity improvements through involvement in the development of new and improved procedures, process innovations, training, and changes in corporate culture
- Cultivate a culture of engineering excellence at a rapidly growing company
What you've accomplished:
- Extensive cloud infrastructure and containerization experience
- Strong familiarity with AWS and their service offerings (EC2, RDS, Elasticsearch, S3, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of key Site Reliability Engineering concepts, models and practices
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years’ infrastructure development experience at startup / mid-sized companies
- Minimum of 4 years of leadership / management experience, 2 years leading infrastructure teams with 10+ employees
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to promote collaboration within teams
- Experience leading remote teams
- Strong ability to support and mentor team members to accomplish team goals
- Effective and persuasive communication skills at all levels of management, both written and verbal
- Experience working collaboratively at a high level with other teams within an organization
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree / work experience
- Ability to take a leadership role in an Agile (ScrumBan) environment
- Fluency using Git and GitHub in a team environment
- Experience with Infrastructure as code (Terraform), containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) and monitoring/alerting
- E-commerce and/or retail production experience
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided when working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door when you work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.