HELP MAKE HISTORY in one of the fastest-growing industries in the world. Leafly is the most trusted brand in cannabis with the largest audience: millions of people around the world start their cannabis journey with Leafly, and it’s because we are not your typical cannabis company. Compliance, education, and innovation are equal parts of Leafly’s DNA. We are shaping the global cannabis industry for the better, accessible to all, from the cannabis curious to the everyday consumer, by building the world’s destination for everyone to discover, find and buy cannabis.
If you are interested in a rapidly growing, nascent space that requires forward-thinking and continuous innovation to lead, Leafly is the place for you. A career at Leafly combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the support and growth opportunities of a major corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored: we focus relentlessly on solving challenges for our customers and having fun doing it in our collaborative work environment. If you have the skills and desire, you will be joining a global team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
Leafly is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst with strong technical and operational skills to join our team. You will primarily be a business partner to teams across the organization and report to the Vice President of Finance and Accounting. You will work closely with the business leaders to provide financial support and insight on the business. The ideal candidate will have experience analyzing multiple revenue opportunities and identifying the most advantageous, preferably in a digital publishing/advertising or marketplace business. The candidate will be analytical, data driven, detail oriented, comfortable dealing with ambiguity and effective in balancing multiple priorities. This role will be critical in Leafly continuing to leverage our leadership position in the rapidly evolving global cannabis industry.
- Ownership of budgeting, planning, and forecasting for the organization and ensuring assumptions are consistent, data is accurate, business drivers are identified and monitored, and risks and opportunities are understood.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Sales Leaders to model revenue potential of new products and markets.
- Identify root causes of financial performance; Actively call out risks and find opportunities to help steer the business towards continued growth.
- Work with Senior Leadership on financial presentations for internal stakeholders, Board of Directors, and current and potential investors.
- Ownership of the long-term (3-5 year) financial model.
- Analyze overall effectiveness of different business initiatives providing leadership with ongoing risk assessment against objectives.
- Support decision-making through analysis of performance and projecting financial scenarios.
- Build and refine robust financial models.
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence Team to translate financial information into easily consumable dashboards in Tableau and/or Salesforce.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and deep dives to improve financial and operational performance and evaluate new opportunities.
- BS/BA degree in finance, accounting, or economics
- 5+ years experience (preferably in the digital publisher/advertising industry).
- Public company reporting experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, extensive modeling experience
- Strong program management, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously in a rapidly growing company
- Business acumen: can explain the story behind the numbers and recommend solutions
- Proficiency in Tableau salesforce.com development and/or integration
- Excellent team and positive interpersonal skills, with a general willingness to help others
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to leverage technology to invent, improve, and scale
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. Prior cannabis convictions are not an automatic disqualifier. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended