The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and are the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Senior Financial Analyst, Logistics to join our Logistics team. As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to drive insights that inform decision-making. In this role, you will use your strong financial acumen, and technical proficiency coupled with your strong communication skills to support financial, operational data insight needs. This is an exciting opportunity to leverage your experience in finance and operations to be a key contributor to the OCS’s needs in a fast-paced and growing area of the logistics services function.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will also use your collaborative and relationship-building skills to work across the business to identify both historical and forward-looking trends. In this role, you will harness your expertise in Power BI and excel to support the growing needs for adaptive dashboarding within Logistics and OCS. With your proven analytical and problem-solving skills, you will work closely with cross-functional teams as well as the logistics team to report on supply chain operations financials and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
About Your Day
- Assist with developing insights and monitoring operational budgets, forecasting, and reporting
- Support end to end organizational annual budget activities
- Lead periodic reviews and analysis of cost recovery efforts related to supply chain operations
- Collaborate with 3PL to complete budgeting, forecasting and ad hoc operational financial analysis
- Identify and quantify areas of risk and opportunities related to operations finance
- Develop scenario analysis to support financial impacts related to supply chain operations for the organization
- Support key initiatives and project decision support through financial analysis and recommendations
- Develop and maintain financial models, forecasting tools, and other analytical reporting to drive insights into trends and identify exceptions
- Partner with operations teams and 3PL in ad hoc analytical projects that deepen business insight and drive value within the OCS
- Partner with Supply Chain Services and Data Science on the development of new Power BI reporting
- Periodic detailed review and variance analysis pertaining to invoicing from sub-contracted service providers
- Support 3PL monthly financial and operational performance meetings
- Support internal/external audits and remediation action plans. Ensuring all deliverables are submitted on time and managing the exceptions accordingly in partnership with Logistics leadership and internal audit
- Partner with technology to support automation of financial analysis (FP&A tool, Power BI, invoice approvals)
- Support the development and ongoing analysis of our social responsibility portfolio (Climate Smart, emissions from operations, Stewardship Ontario, etc.) and ad-hoc analysis
- Post-secondary education in Supply Chain / Finance / Accounting or related fields
- Completion of a professional supply chain certifications; Ex. Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), Retail Supply Chain Certification Program (RSCC), Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) is an asset
- CPA (CA, CGA, CMA) designation is an asset
- 3+ years of experience in finance/accounting or supply chain operations
- Experience in building, implementing and maintaining a financial planning tool is a strong asset
- Experience with financial modelling
- Proficient with business intelligence tools (i.e. Power BI)
- Strong technical and analytical skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to prepare and clearly present complex financial analytics and insights to upper management
- Strong analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills in order to provide professional analysis and recommendations
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines
- This position offers a Hybrid work schedule. Effective April 2022, you will be required to be in the office 1-2 days each week, with the ability to work from home for the remaining workdays (subject to specific business needs requiring office attendance).
- Currently, our office is open and available to use but it is not mandatory to be in office until mandatory to be in office until 4 April 2022
- When working from home, a reliable internet connection is required. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications and collaboration tools (i.e., MS Teams)
About the Job
Full- Time, Permanent
Rare, usually within the GTA
March 21, 2022 at 11:59pm
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.