As a leader of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team at Weedmaps, you will help fortify our competitive advantages within the cannabis industry through strategic and financial action. You’ll be heavily relied upon as a cornerstone of the growing FP&A team that aims to accurately assess and strengthen the company’s position through continuous cross-functional collaboration, marketplace analysis, P&L management, OPEX forecasting, planning, C-suite partnership, and KPI reporting. As the dominant technology leader in the rapidly expanding cannabis space, Weedmaps has an opportunity to help define the market landscape - and we invite you to help capitalize on this once in a lifetime opportunity.
The Impact You'll Make
- Create and deliver financial models, reporting, and presentations in partnership with Executives and other Budget owners to further strengthen our P&L and forecast accuracy.
- Closely align with General Managers and other senior leaders as analytical thought partners to help grow the weedmaps.com marketplace through deep understanding, reporting, and forecasting of our user and engagement metrics.
- Help support the transition from Finance’s Google sheets ecosystem to a more rigorous and efficient planning software driven solution in Q1.
- Internalize both current and proposed capital investments across the organization, staying close to OPEX spend for selected departments. Evaluate OPEX ROI and develop perspective on areas warranting increased dollar investment vs less.
- Drive variance analysis, calling out key drivers separating Actuals from Forecast by department, internal P&L views, and traditional GAAP categories on a monthly basis.
- Contribute to the monthly Forecast Postmortems for the CFO, sharing key insights and actionable steps that improve our consolidated P&L forecast accuracy.
- Support all relevant ad hoc and ongoing efforts in Weedmaps’ place as a publicly traded company on NASDAQ (MAPS). Provide Investor Relations with insights to support investor dialogue and external presentations as needed.
- Help drive the Annual Operating Plan and Budget process across the organization, creating templates, working with key stakeholders, and consolidating data for analysis executive presentation.
- Potential responsibilities also extend to:
- Coordination with our Accounting, Engineering, Product, and Design teams on all Research and Development CAPEX relevant matters.
- Stock Based Compensation tracking and forecasting for all WM employees in concert with Legal, People, and Accounting
What You've Accomplished
- 3+ years of experience in FP&A / strategic finance, accounting, and / or management consulting. Bachelor's degree required
- Proficient with financial modeling and command of the Google product suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides etc.) alongside Microsoft Suite (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Fully embraces and thrives while working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to be a thought-partner with Finance and department leaders
- Demonstrated success in cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to independently drive projects; motivated to learn all aspects of our business
- Great communication skills, well organized, strong project management skills, ability to multitask and be a team player
- Demonstrated experience in leading enterprise-wide planning processes, budgeting, and in-year forecasting
- Experience with Salesforce, FinancialForce, Tableau, Planful
- Technology, Advertising, and / or Marketing background
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Use of memes and GIFs as a communication tool
Our 2022 Benefits
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee - employer paid premium 100%
- Dependent - employer paid premium 80%
- HMO - Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA - Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D - employer paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it’s regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office and curated snack boxes delivered to your door when working at home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with your fellow Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.