At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear:
improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a very organized and detail-oriented problem solver with a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills to join our research and development team. This individual will be an integral part of our team and play a key role in ensuring that our products are designed and built on time and on budget with best in class efficiency, performance and product quality. The position reports to the Director, Process Engineering.
- Assist with specification, scale-up and design of process equipment
- Support commissioning and installation of new and retro-fit equipment and processes
- Participate in cross-functional validation teams to complete validation of new process equipment
- Manage local engineering teams to ensure Canopy standards, schedules and budgets are met
- Work collaboratively with the process engineering team on new and improvement projects. Plan, execute and complete assigned projects
- Assist with analysis and interpretation of process and manufacturing data to identify opportunities for improvement projects, process changes, and new technologies that help achieve increased productivity, reduced product loses, enhanced manufacturing flexibility and capacity, improved product quality, safer operations, and improved environmental compliance
- Support the process engineering teams’ efforts to actively seeks out best manufacturing practices through internal and external benchmarking
- Participate and provide technical support to operating personnel on manufacturing, packaging, material handling, cleaning, and processing operations – including troubleshooting equipment and process problems encountered during production
- Travel as required to support other Canopy Growth Corporation initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Process Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in a process/manufacturing industry
- 5-10 years of experience in engineering project management, GMP environment preferred
- Must be highly motivated, proactive, and willing to take on new challenges
- Ability to learn new processes quickly
- Proven problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, with an emphasis on technical writing skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Detail-oriented and strong time management skills
- Working knowledge of computer applications including: Microsoft Office Suite, G-suite, and Adobe Acrobat
- Must be meticulous and able to work independently and safely
- Experience with tanks, pumps, valves, hydraulics, motors, VFDs, heat exchangers, refrigeration systems/chillers, boilers, high speed packing equipment, instrumentation, waste treatment systems, filtration, and water purification systems
This is a full time position based out of Modesto, CA.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.