The role of the Senior Director of Product Marketing is to be a strategic marketing leader, who can not only help drive the marketing team forward through functional excellence, but who can also be a key cross-functional partner who can help drive operational maturity when it comes to marketing , product and go to market development. A successful candidate should be able to quickly ramp up on our unique business and work with the CMO, their peers, team and cross-functional stakeholders to advance key business priorities to achieve aggressive goals.
The initial area of focus for the role is to drive our product marketing function across both B2B & B2C to ensure we have the right products and services for both our consumers and clients, and that we are making the value we provide both evident and undeniable through effective go-to-market strategies. In this role you will be expected to lead a team of high performing marketers to build a deep understanding of the industry, our customers and consumers and use that knowledge to work cross-functionally to build world-class B2B & B2C products and get them to market in the most effective manner to further our mission to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. The Sr. Director that leads this team will play a critical role in defining how we do this, what we prioritize, and leading the teams that execute on the vision and we will look to them to put the right processes in place for the function to scale.
As a strategic leader of the organization, your role will require you to work collaboratively across the rest of the Marketing org, Revenue, Operations, Government Relations and Product teams to help identify and tackle key market opportunities based on a deep, data-driven understanding of markets and consumer behavior.
Weedmaps is the market leader in the rapidly emerging cannabis technology industry. Our platform connects cannabis consumers, dispensaries, doctors and brands to each other and provides a single source of accurate information for the industry. We help millions of consumers learn about and find Cannabis and thousands of organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their Cannabis business.
The impact you’ll make:
- Oversee all of our B2C and B2B Product Marketing’s functions, creating a structured approach to reach key business objectives.
- Refine and drive the execution of the role of Product Marketing in the product development cycle, to contribute to key business goals.
- Hire, manage and develop a world class team of strategic product marketers.
- Drive coordination of research, business opportunity identification and go-to-market strategy across our client and consumer businesses.
- Provide data-driven insights across the broader Weedmaps organization of key opportunities to marry consumer and business realities in the market.
- Provide strategic counsel to the CMO and executive team on key go-to-market opportunities across key business priorities.
- Establish and manage processes for setting, tracking and reporting on objectives and key results at the funcion, team and individual level.
- Create and instill clear strategic marketing and product marketing principles across the organization
What you’ve accomplished:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Masters or MBA in business, management or a related field.
- 10+ years work experience in marketing, business or sales operations
- Proven track record of owning a product’s end to end performance through defining business needs and executing effective root cause analyses.
- Experience evaluating new monetization opportunities and recommending pricing and packaging solutions
- Experience scaling marketing, research and go to market projects internationally in the context of a high growth technology company
- Proven ability to hire, manage and develop product marketing teams at scale while removing roadblocks for optimal execution
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to achievement of strategic objectives across marketing and/or sales and product orgs
- Ability to deliver high-quality work while managing multiple projects
- Ability to quickly identify trending issues and create plans to address
- Exceptional ability to work under pressure and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments
- Strong communication skills, and ability to clearly articulate complex business issues to different stakeholders.
- Experience across the full marketing function set including Brand Marketing, Growth Marketing, Social and other channels
- Experience working with B2B and B2C products as well as with small and large clients
- Lead end-to-end launch process, from product selection to go-to-market strategies focused on the consumer journey to include mobile first, social first, and consumer first mindset
- Ability to build strong teams while also being able to deliver and work through others across the enterprise
- Ability to interact with executives with confidence, and to provide advice on their business priorities that reflect an understanding of their function
- Thought leadership and passion necessary to shape a compelling vision of Weedmaps in the industry
- Excellent written and oral communication and visual presentation skills
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided while working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door during work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Denver, and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!