Senior DevOps Engineer
As a Senior DevOps Engineer working with the Weedmaps team, you will be empowered to contribute to our products in meaningful ways. We cover an array of users from business owners to consumers and we constantly strive to improve the experience for each of those segments using cutting-edge technologies and processes. We are a cloud native organization with 100% of our services running on Kubernetes in AWS. We also leverage observability, monitoring, CI/CD automation and custom tooling to push multiple production releases a day.
The impact you'll make:
- Develop, implement and maintain highly available, highly scalable Cloud infrastructure to meet our business needs.
- Be proactive about systems maintenance, performance, monitoring, and capacity planning.
- Leverage our CI/CD pipeline to push infrastructure changes from Pull Request to Production.
- Collaborate with your teammates in the DevOPS team, Development and Internal Tooling teams to provide creative solutions to product, development, and business needs.
- Work as part of the Engineering teams 24x7 on-call shift rotation to troubleshoot production, performance issues, including off-hour maintenance as required.
What you've accomplished:
- 3-5 years of working in cloud based infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, GCP, etc. as a Systems Engineer/DevOps Engineer supporting mission critical environments.
- Capable of designing and implementing security and compliance best practices into all facets of a global cloud infrastructure. Including EC2, VPC's, Container Management, RDS, ElastiCache, S3, and more.
- Hands on experience with Container Management, performance, and tuning with Docker and Kubernetes in production
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience related to mission-critical backup and recovery
- Strong ability to write scripts in an administrative language (Python, Ruby, or Shell)
- Detective-level troubleshooting using monitoring and logging tools such as DataDog in complex cloud based environments.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Experience with: Terraform, Docker, Container Management, Consul, Vault, ArgoCD, Packer, CodeFresh, and all things AWS
- Strong bias for action and strong decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to learn fast and be adaptable to environments and change.
- Must be good at verbal communication and diplomacy.
- Must be capable of self-managing. Prioritization and time management are an absolute must.
- Computer science or other engineering background
- Experience with CI tools such as CircleCi, Jenkins, Travis, Drone, Semaphore, CodeFresh, etc.
- Experience with monitoring and observability with tools like Prometheus, CloudWatch, DataDog, and Grafana
- Experience with GitOps and ArgoCD.
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) certification or any other AWS Certifications.
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided when working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door when you work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.