Nabis is a Series B stage licensed cannabis wholesale marketplace with the largest portfolio of cannabis brands, supplying over 100 brands to 99% of California’s dispensaries and delivery services. Our mission is to empower the world to discover cannabis by providing choice, access, and innovation.
Our team, backed by Y-Combinator and a from a celebrity roster of tech executives, including Doordash cofounder Stanley Tang, Gmail creator Paul Buchheit and Twitch cofounder Justin Kan, is scaling the cannabis supply chain with technology with the ultimate goal of becoming the largest distributor of cannabis products in the world.
About the Role
Nabis is looking for an experienced Data Science Manager to play an integral role in the next phase of our growth. The ideal candidate will be located in California, is comfortable working both autonomously and part of a team and is technically proficient in order to help drive data-driven decisions across the entire organization.
- Work collaboratively with product, engineering, and operations leaders to make data-driven decisions across the organization
- Manage the data science team to develop real-time and predictive solutions for internal stakeholders and external partners
- Design and develop scalable data analytics solutions derived from large and complex datasets integrated across multiple platforms
- Communicate findings to executive team, technical collaborators, and business stakeholders using appropriate mediums
- Manage feature roadmap for Analytics Services and assist Business Development teams with customer communications
- Identify organizational pain points and deliver compelling data-driven solutions containing holistic metrics summarizing performance and specific actionable insights
- Monitor data integrity and identify areas of opportunity across departments
- Lead cross-departmental collaborative efforts to fully understand ideal project outcomes and scope
- Identify opportunities for partnerships with external software integration partners and perform due diligence to evaluate partnerships
- Actively reinforce technical strategy and data integrity best practices across the organization
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in data science
- SQL and Excel fluency along with familiarity of tools for big data analytics
- Experience with ELT data modeling and dashboard visualizations
- Dashboard integrations across multiple external software platforms
- Familiarity with applied statistics and scripting languages like Python or R
- Executive communication skills - written and oral
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices around software development lifecycles
- Prior work experience in supply chain or cannabis industry
- Experience in business analytics, forecasting, or supply chain planning, emphasizing quantitative modeling and analysis
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT NABIS
1. You'll work at the fastest growing cannabis startup in the U.S
2. Unlimited PTO and 100% work-from-home policy
3. Medical/Dental/Vision: 75% of employee premium paid by Nabis.
4. Competitive salary, 401(k) plan, and equity compensation structure
5. Cannabis industry discounts at retail shops across California
Nabis is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nabis is seeking to create a diverse work environment because all teams are stronger with different perspectives and life experiences. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Nabis are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.