The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the provincial online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and are the exclusive provincial wholesaler to authorized private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst, Data Analytics & Reporting to join our Data Science team. You will be responsible for maintenance of datasets, scheduled reporting, and design and development of reports in consultation with other business units and teams to implement new reporting needs (KPIs, data, format, channels, visualizations). You will use machine learning algorithms to create predictive models to drive better decision making and unlock actionable insights. You will play a fundamental role in the execution of data strategy across the enterprise, as well as assisting in building the omni-channel view of the customer.
About Your Day
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
- Interpret data, identify trends, and analyze results using statistical techniques to provide regular, timely and accurate reports to internal departments and business units
- Collaborate with business units to identify opportunities for business process improvements and make recommendation for system modifications
- Ensure KPIs are published and reviewed on a daily, weekly, monthly basis and perform analysis on any behaviors/processes that could impact data integrity
- Partner with Data Engineers to implement and support production of analytical data models.
- Create enterprise and business dashboards/visualizations for effective tracking of metrics
- Design and develop predictive machine learning models to enable better decision making and create more value for our stakeholders
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for other functional departments
- Provide guidance and share expertise with other project teams to support business initiatives
- Be connected and influential within the OCS analyst community
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Operations Research, Math, or a related discipline.
- 4+ years of experience in a Data Analyst or similar Business Intelligence role
- Highly Proficient in writing advanced SQL queries and views to analyze large multi-dimensional datasets
- Expertise in one or more visualization tools (Power BI is highly preferred)
- Hands-on experience in Descriptive and Predictive data modeling using R and/or Python
- Demonstrated analytical ability in a results-oriented environment with internal and external customer interaction
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Experience with one or more of the following business domains would be an asset: E-Commerce, Retail, Merchandising, Supply Chain or Business Analytics.
- Understanding of data warehousing, data modeling concepts and building new data warehouse tables would be an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- This position offers a Hybrid work schedule. You will be required to be in the office a minimum of 1 day per week, with the ability to work from home for the remaining workdays (subject to specific business needs requiring office attendance)
- When working from home, a reliable internet connection is required. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications
About the Job
- City: Toronto, ON
- Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
- Required Travel: Rare, within the GTA
- Application Deadline: May 16, 2022 at 11:59PM
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation, please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.