The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and we are the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Senior Communications Advisor to join our Communications team. The Senior Advisor, Communications will advise on and evaluate communication needs for the OCS and develop strategic communications initiatives that are purposeful and align with corporate objectives and identity. The Senior Advisor, Communications will work collaboratively across business to develop communications products for internal and external audiences and ensure consistent messaging across all channels.
About Your Day
- Develops, implements, and evaluates communications strategies and ensures communications content aligns with OCS identity and narrative. Provides input and recommendations on the development of a number of corporate communications by advising on best practices for reaching target audiences and mitigating risk.
- Writes and provides quality control for a wide range of communications products; supports the development of key messages on a variety of issues and topics; develops backgrounders, briefing notes, and fact sheets; and ensures consistent messaging across all channels.
- Develops and maintains media relations management strategies and advises on the best ways to deal with media queries and maintains positive working relationships with media.
- Develops and utilizes environmental scanning and media monitoring strategies in order to identify emerging issues and develop strategic responses; monitors and analyzes trends to identify issues, risks, and engagement opportunities.
- Completion of Post-Secondary education in a related area of study OR equivalent combination of experience and post-secondary education
- Completion of Post-Secondary education in Communications, Media Studies or Journalism is preferred
- 3-5 years of experience working in communications or related field
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and strong organizational skills
- Solid understanding of the Canadian media landscape and a passion for social media, online trends and the latest tools/communication platforms
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and sustain positive working relationships
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Fluency in the French language is an asset
- Experience within the public sector is an asset
About the Job
City: Toronto, ON
- Employment Type: Full-time, permanent
- Required Travel: Yes, within the GTA
- Application Deadline: June 23, 2022, at 11:59pm
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation, please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.