LeafLink is the largest unified B2B cannabis platform, providing licensed cannabis businesses a suite of tools to manage their business more effectively, sell or order from their favorite brands and accelerate growth. We are one platform, one solution and we're defining the way thousands of cannabis brands, distributors and retailers streamline their operations. With thousands of brands and retailers across 30+ markets in North America, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink processes more than $4.4 billion in wholesale cannabis orders annually.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Founders Fund, Thrive Capital, Nosara Capital, and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Inc. 5000's 'Top 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies', one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!
LeafLink is seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to join our Logistics department who is passionate about working on teams that solve interesting, large-scale problems at a rapid pace. This role will contribute heavily to the buildout and iteration of LeafLink's existing and emerging systems, powering an ever-expanding set of product offerings. As a member of our engineering team, you will be in a position to have a direct, lasting impact everywhere that technology powers our business.
LeafLink is currently gearing up to tackle a large-scale platform overhaul that will strengthen our position as a technical leader within the industry. As such, this role has the opportunity to help shape and grow this new platform, as well as work within new and growing technologies. It's a very exciting time to join our engineering team!
Ideal candidates for this position should possess a keen mind for solving tough problems with the ideal solution, partnering effectively with various team members along the way. They should be personable, efficient, flexible and communicative, possess a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity, and have a passion and love for what they do. This role comes with the opportunity to be a high performer within a department that's fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly growing in all areas.
- Lead by example for other members of the team as a dedicated, passionate, and flexible technologist who is constantly looking for the ideal solution to a problem
- Be heavily involved with critical software design decisions that will have a lasting impact on LeafLink's platform and products
- Help support and continue to refine our Logistics offerings
- Build integrations with our various 3rd party solutions
- Keep up to date on modern technologies and trends and advocate for their inclusion within products when it makes sense
- Work on robust inventory and warehouse management systems
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
- Work with other team members to build and deliver industry-leading API tools that our dynamic user base have come to rely upon to power their businesses
- Be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve issues quickly and effectively when they arise
- Provide technical guidance and help mentor engineering, QA, operations, and product staff to deliver the best possible solutions for the company
- Help define, document, evolve, and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas
- 5+ years working in a fast-paced software environment as an engineer focused on API services, supporting systems, and 3rd party vendor integrations
- Proven track record of practical, thoughtful problem solving
- Experience working on high-traffic, international systems
- Experience with Python or other modern object-oriented programming language
- Experience with modern web frameworks
- Experience working in and advocating for agile environments
- Extensive Experience working with relational databases and ORMs to interact with them
- Experience with queueing systems (Celery, SQS, Pub/Sub, etc)
- Familiar with software security best practices
- Advanced experience with unit testing, it's concepts, and associated tools
- Well-versed in version control systems (Git)
- Experience building applications and working with underlying systems that work within fully containerized environments (Docker, Kubernetes) a plus
- Experience working in Logistics a plus
- An active member of the open source and/or tech community a plus
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink's success
LeafLink's employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC's Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink's history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.