LeafLink is the largest unified B2B cannabis platform, providing licensed cannabis businesses a suite of tools to manage their business more effectively, sell or order from their favorite brands and accelerate growth. We are one platform, one solution and we're defining the way thousands of cannabis brands, distributors and retailers streamline their operations. With thousands of brands and retailers across 30+ markets in North America, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink processes more than $4.4 billion in wholesale cannabis orders annually.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Founders Fund, Thrive Capital, Nosara Capital, and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Inc. 5000's 'Top 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies', one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!
Leaflink is looking for a Senior Automation Engineer to join our team who is passionate about researching and developing automated solutions that help the engineering department solve interesting, large-scale problems at a rapid pace. This role will contribute to the buildout and iteration of testing frameworks that ensure the quality of LeafLink's existing and emerging systems. As a member of our engineering team, you will be in a position to have a direct, lasting impact everywhere that technology powers our business.
LeafLink is in the midst of a large-scale platform overhaul that will help continue to strengthen our position as a technical leader within the industry. As such, this role has the opportunity to help shape and grow this new platform and its associated automation patterns and processes. It's an exciting time to join our engineering team!
Candidates for this position should possess a keen mind for solving challenging problems by researching the ideal solution, partnering effectively with various team members along the way. They should be personable, efficient, flexible, and communicative, possess a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity, and have a passion and love for what they do. This role comes with the opportunity to be a high performer within a fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly growing department in all areas. Join our engineering team as we create a culture of quality!
- Work collaboratively as a cross-functional team member in an Agile environment delivering scalable, automated solutions, seeing them through from research to implementation.
- Create comprehensive test strategies that include a mix of methodologies that align with Agile best practices.
- Evaluate acceptance criteria for completeness to help your team deliver high-quality features.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and proactively report bugs by verifying QA, Staging, and Production environments, offering feedback on the resolution of issues and their prioritization
- Manage bugs in your team's sprint backlog for prioritization and escalation.
- Collaborate with team members to report on release risks and suggested mitigation strategies
- Analyze and report on performance metrics derived from test results to ensure the delivery of software that meets our evolving quality standards
- Advocate for and document automation standards and best practices
- Move quickly and intelligently - understanding that automation is key to verifying quality but that the priority of each unit of work should be malleable to meet the needs of our engineering department and customers.
- Enhance existing automation frameworks with solutions that contribute to tighter developer feedback loops and quicker test run times
- Support and mentor peers through project-based learning objectives and pair programming
- 5+ years of QA experience with at least 3 of those working as an Automation Engineer
- Experience developing tests for web application UIs and service APIs with modern frameworks like Cypress and Postman with Newman
- Familiarity with enhancing existing test infrastructure and troubleshooting automation build failures in the CI & CD pipeline.
- Experience creating test plans that are comprehensive, clear, and concise for complex technology stacks
- Expert at balancing priorities in an agile environment
- Proven track record of practical, thoughtful problem solving and attention to detail
- Familiarity with error aggregating software like Sentry and Datadog (or equivalents)
- Experience researching test frameworks and test methodologies, creating proof of concept work, and implementing the proposed toolset or framework alongside existing test architecture.
- Working knowledge of CI/CD systems as they relate to automated code checks
- Experience reviewing PRs and maintaining shared automation code repositories
- Experience creating and maintaining test data sets
- Domain expertise in at least two of the following domains:
- E-commerce, inventory management, and search indexing
- Credit and finance testing experience
- Event-driven architecture
- Regulatory and security testing experience
- Data quality and ETL testing experience
- API testing for 3rd party integrations
- Internal tooling, performance testing, and test database architecture
- Startup experience is a plus!
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink's success
LeafLink's employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC's Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink's history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.