At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Manager, External Reporting, the Senior Analyst, External Reporting will assist with ensuring that Canopy Growth’s quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and management’s discussion and analysis (MD&A) are delivered accurately and timely, and prepared in accordance with U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) rules and regulations, and in accordance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (U.S. GAAP). In addition, this individual will assist with the review and understanding of Canopy Growth’s quarterly financial results by our senior management team, and support other finance group initiatives as required.
- Support the preparation of accurate and complete consolidated quarterly and annual financial statements and MD&A, including the required supporting schedules and analyses, and ensuring that reporting deadlines are met with adequate time for internal and external review by senior management, legal counsel and auditors
- Stay current with developments in U.S. GAAP accounting standards and SEC financial reporting rules and regulations; research and interpret new financial reporting standards, guidelines, or industry practices to assess potential impacts on the organization and to evaluate our presentation and disclosures
- Support the organization’s investor relations initiatives as necessary, including assisting with the preparation of quarterly earnings releases, and responding to ad hoc requests or questions from senior management, investors or investment analysts
- Assist with certain areas of the quarterly financial statement close process, including accounting for our strategic investments and other financial instruments
- Support other initiatives of Canopy Growth’s finance group, including with accounting due diligence for M&A activities and with the integration of newly acquired businesses or assets, and other matters as they arise
- Support the external auditors during their quarterly reviews and year-end audits
Experience, Qualifications and Attributes
- Holds a CPA designation; United States CPA designation is an asset
- 3+ years of relevant financial reporting experience, obtained through a combination of public accounting and industry
- Experience working with large and publicly traded corporations, preferably dual-listed
- Very strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting principles, and comfortable researching accounting guidance and applying the guidance to real-world financial reporting situations
- Very strong working knowledge of SEC and OSC reporting requirements;
- Superior analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work in a team setting and build collaborative relationships with a diverse group of individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to locate and collect data from appropriate sources and analyze it to prepare meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English, and the ability to understand and convey the financial performance of the organization in an effective manner;
- Experience in working in a growing organization with changing needs and multiple complex business transactions
- Technology and software savvy, including excellent MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint capabilities and strong ability to navigate complex working papers. Familiarity with Active Disclosure (or other financial reporting program), Sage, SAP, or SAP BPC is an asset
This is a full-time role based out of Kanata. Remote work will be considered an option. Some travel may be required.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.