HELP US MAKE HISTORY. Millions trust Leafly to help them find information about nearby strains and dispensaries, discover new cannabis brands and products, and to stay up-to-date on the latest cannabis news and trends. Leafly started as a spreadsheet and has since grown to become the largest cannabis information resource in the world. We are expanding rapidly and are looking for smart, forward-thinking innovators to help us achieve our goal of shaping the global cannabis landscape.
We’re driving the industry toward a fully legal, regulated, and destigmatized future, and we need some talented, passionate, creative people to help get us there. Our teams love to collaborate, problem-solve, celebrate our wins, and course-correct when needed. A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a startup, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored. If you have what it takes, you will be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What we are looking for in this role
Leafly is looking for a Senior Accountant with strong technical and operational skills to join our team. You will primarily be responsible for revenue accounting, financial reporting, month-end close procedures, and various projects as assigned. This position reports to the Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with systems and technology, speak fluently in debits and credits, and possess both intellectual curiosity and a passion for continuous improvement.
- Review customer contracts & pricing to determine accounting treatment under ASC 606
- Conduct accounting research and document accounting issues in audit-ready memos
- Reconcile and prepare adjusting journal entries for accounts such as: revenue, deferred revenue, accounts receivable, leases, and others
- Prepare workpapers supporting our consolidated financial statements and footnote disclosures
- Assist with preparing financial reports and variance analyses
- Support external auditors to ensure timely completion of audit requests and inquiries
- Prepare information for external accounts to prepare foreign, federal, state, and local tax filings
- Assist in developing and maintaining formal internal control & process documentation
- Create efficiencies and simplification by leveraging technology solutions and automation
- Perform additional projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field (CPA a plus)
- 4+ years private accounting experience (public accounting experience a plus)
- Solid working knowledge of US GAAP
- Intermediate to advanced Excel preferred
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and critically in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to leverage technology to invent, improve, and scale
- Experience with Intacct and Zuora a plus
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. Prior cannabis convictions are not an automatic disqualifier. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended. #LI-REMOTE