Nabis is the #1 Licensed Cannabis B2B Platform in the world with the largest portfolio of cannabis brands, supplying over 100 brands to 99% of California's dispensaries and delivery services. Our mission is to empower the world to discover cannabis by providing choice, access, and innovation.
Our team, backed by Y-Combinator and from a celebrity roster of tech executives, including Doordash co-founder Stanley Tang, Gmail creator Paul Buchheit, and Twitch co-founder Justin Kan, is scaling the cannabis supply chain with technology with the ultimate goal of becoming the largest distributor of cannabis products in the world.
Nabis is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our accounting team! We are looking for a team member with a leadership mindset to help us scale our month-end close and operational accounting processes. If you thrive in bringing order and structure to complex and rapidly changing environments and are interested in cannabis, marketplaces, logistics, and/or fintech, come work with us!
- Improve upon and own the accounts payable, corporate card management, and employee expense processes
- Perform cash reconciliations as needed
- Review account reconciliations as needed
- Improve upon and develop month-end close schedules and processes
- Maintain adequate documentation and records of close
- Assist with preparation of monthly reporting package with the ability to provide insight into the flux analysis
- Prepare journal entries and prepare reconciliations for accounts such as benefits, fixed assets, prepaid, accrued expenses, intercompany
- Ability to communicate information to a wide range of stakeholders within an organization
- Develop accounting policies & procedures and implement internal controls for areas of responsibility
- Perform review to guarantee accuracy and compliance with GAAP and ensure we are ready for our first-year external audit
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all payroll reporting in the general ledger
- Research technical accounting issues and draft accounting position memos as necessary
- Apply critical thinking and flexibility in advising key stakeholders within the framework of ASC 606
- Review company contracts for proper treatment under US GAAP
- Ability to grow professionally in a rapidly growing department in a high-growth tech-enabled cannabis startup
- Train junior team members on technical accounting matters
- Assist in managing service provider relationships including audit, tax, and outsourced operational and technical accounting
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related fields
- CPA and public accounting experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Eager to take on new tasks and projects with little supervision
- Strong written, oral communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, take ownership of work product and improve processes
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word / Excel'
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT NABIS!
- You'll work at the fastest-growing cannabis startup in the U.S.
- Unlimited PTO and flexible work-from-home policy
- Medical/Dental/Vision: 75% of employee premium paid by Nabis
- Competitive salary, 401(k) plan, and equity compensation structure
- Cannabis industry discounts at retail shops across California
Nabis is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nabis is seeking to create a diverse work environment because all teams are stronger with different perspectives and life experiences. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Nabis are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.
Job Type: Full-time